PDA

View Full Version : Need to find a reversible handle compact fold easy to steer resonably priced stoller!

plusbellelavie
05-31-2009, 03:22 PM
My 5 month old is currently in a Graco safeseat car seat with a Maclaren traveler which has been super practical for us since I have two older active kids. We currently live in France and the kids come home for lunch so there is lots of in and out of the car and walking on sidewalks in town. Unfortunately the way he is growing I expect that he will be out of his carseat in September.

Thus since I am returning to the States for a visit this summer and I would like to purchase a stroller that has reversible handles because reversing the seat is not practical for me, I would like to find one that is compact fold because the cars here in France are not huge and so it is a factor and it would be a huge plus if it was easy to fold and unfold since we have time constraints, and obviously it would be super if it was easy to steer because with 2 other kids to manage in a town with lots of activities and people it would be one less hassle to have to deal with.

I realize it is asking a lot from a stroller and I would love not to break the bank over the purchase but still get all I am asking for is it possible? Recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

BTW I have looked here in France but the prices are in my opinion very high in comparision with the USA and they seem to prefer reverse seating then reverse handles or removing the seat to fold the stroller which I find impractical.

Thank you in advance for the help!

strollerqueen
06-01-2009, 01:47 AM
That's because reversible handle strollers generally have terrible steering. But if you got something like the Bugaboo Bee, you don't have to remove the seat. You just leave it in the reverse position, and fold it that way, in one piece. You can also do that with the Peg Perego Switch, and the BebeConfort Loola.

plusbellelavie
06-01-2009, 05:45 AM
Thank you strolleraueen for the advice...I have read many of your past post and have used lots of your information to do research. I looked at the BebeConfort Loola which is a popular brand here in France I will go see if the Streety?? or the Full Loola will work.

I was wondering is there a reverse handle stroller you would recommend that has decent steering. I loved my Peg Perego Venezia that I had with my older kids except that it was bulky but I had the trunk space then...both my husband who is quite tall and I could comfortably push the stroller with just minor adjustment to the bar. Any thoughts on the Peg Perego Uno 2008/2009 versions?

We do lots of walking here in France but we are also often in car for something...I find that if he is looking at me he gets less stimulated especially at the kids school where everyone is all over him and then there is the sun in your eyes factor which the reverse handles helps find a solution quickly!

Again thanks for the help and if you do think of a half way decent reverse handle stroller with a decent fold to recommend that would be great.

strollerqueen
06-02-2009, 03:38 AM
Nope. I think the Uno and the Bumbleride Flyer are the only ones left in the US. The Uno is on the same chassis as the Venezia. The difference is the larger, fixed air tires. They are fine when they are in the rear position, and the small swivel wheels are in the front--i.e. when your child is facing out. But, if you want him to face you, then the large fixed wheels are in front, with the small swivels in the rear. Since the large front ones don't turn, you have to steer in rear wheel drive. So try and imagine it. You are in a store trying to turn. The rear will swing out in a wide arc, and is difficult to control. On the old Venezia, all the wheels were the same size, and they all swivelled. So it didn't matter which ones were in the front, or in the back.

fozzie
06-02-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm in France too! I've brought back strollers from the US and find that (a) they get damaged during the journey and (b) the resale value stinks because people here don't know the American models. Case in point: I had an Orbit Baby in perfect condition for sale for a ridiculously low price and no one wanted it! So if you're concerned about resale value but want a low price, I recommend checking online shops in Europe. I've ordered 2 strollers from amazon.de even though I speak no German, and the price was way cheaper than in France, and shipping was only 6 euros. When I know what I want to buy, I do a lot of Googling and can usually find a good price. With the advantageous euro/pound exchange rate it's a good time to buy from England too.

Anyway, I have to say that I agree with Strollerqueen, there's just no "perfect" reversible handle stroller on the market because of the steering issue. Bugaboo Cameleons have reversible handles and reversible seats, but they have to be folded in 2 parts and I think they take up a decent amount of room in the trunk. I had a Bee but really hated it, it's awful on cobblestones or anything uneven, and here in France you encounter a lot of uneven terrain.... For my second baby (due any minute) I decided on an Emmaljunga Nitro City stroller which I bought in London. I have yet to try it out, but it has the advantage of a reversible seat and a narrow width.

strollerqueen
06-02-2009, 07:25 PM
OOO cool! LOVE Emmas! Lucky you! Yeah, I thought about suggesting the Bugaboo Frog, because it is only $629 over here, and even less if you can find a 20% off sale. But, like you said, it has the two piece fold.

fozzie
06-03-2009, 12:15 PM
OOO cool! LOVE Emmas! Lucky you!

I'll be sure to post a review with pics once I've had a chance to test it out! All I need is a newborn which (hopefully) should be forthcoming any day now....

plusbellelavie
06-12-2009, 09:56 AM
an Emmaljunga Nitro City stroller which I bought in London. I have yet to try it out, but it has the advantage of a reversible seat and a narrow width.[/QUOTE]

Fozzie and StrollerQueen thanks for lall the help..;I tried to do a quote thing but it doesn't seem to work for me!!

I looked on the Emmaljunga website but it doesn't show the weight or how the stroller folds is a umbrella fold or a flat fold? I have been researching a lot here and use Amazon myself and from the suggestioins of StrollerQueen to look into Bebeconfort. I even went to the local Aubert store to check out the Peg Perego vs BebeConfort . I would have bought the BebeConfort Streety if didn't come with the carseat and bassinet becasue it is so light weight and folds like an umbrella. I liked the Loola and the Switch because of how they fold and had basically narrowed it down to those two but I have been hesitating because of the weight...I would have gone with the Flyer because of its weight but because of its fold and that of PPuno I didn't. We live just outside of Paris and with the bus, subway, airplands on top of the in and out of the car for the older kids activities I am need something that it is easy to fold but doesn't take up tons of room especially on a bus or car trunk.

Can you tell me if you bought the Emma online or actually in London? They have no dealers in France so I will research more. If you used an online site can you post it for me?

I not really looking for resale at this point we are only here another year anyway and I would like this stroller to take me to at least until my son is 3 years old without having to purchase another system.

since I was returning to the States for the month of July I was thinking of purchasing something there since in general prices/sales are better and easier to find but I am willing to purchase the stroller here if I find the one that fits all my "dreams" in the perfect stroller.

Congratulations on the new arrival??!!:applause: Hope everyone is well!! Thanks again for the information.

fozzie
06-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Hi there. My baby boy was born last week and I finally got to get out the Nitro and play with it. It's just gorgeous, amazing quality, etc. but it's much bulkier than I thought. It's narrow, yes, but it's really long and has a bulky fold. The mass of the canopy makes it look even bigger than it is. I thought because of the narrow width I'd be able to go into small shops here in Paris, but no way. I'm kind of regretting it now, but I guess I'm stuck with it because reselling it will be impossible as no one here has heard of Emmaljunga.

So no, I don't recommend it for you after all if you are concerned with size!

plusbellelavie
06-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Hi there. My baby boy was born last week and I finally got to get out the Nitro and play with it....

So no, I don't recommend it for you after all if you are concerned with size!

Super news about the birth of your son!:thumbsup: It is a very exciting time for you and your family now...at least you have had some nice weather!

Thank you for the update on the stroller...and your honesty on the bulky fold which is a big concern for me but I am sorry you are regretting it a bit.

I will go back to researching a bit more to see but will proably end up with the Switch since it is not as heavy as the Loola...I just hope it handles well in comparison

Such decisions!

Felicitation encore!