PDA

View Full Version : Calling 2008 BJCCD owners...

Dragonfly2009
05-31-2009, 04:30 PM
Okay, one last time. What is the real weight of the Baby Jogger city classic double? Jacksmoma responded to my last post that it is 34 lbs. But my friend's DH did some more research and said that he found on another board that it actually weighs 42 lbs vs. the Elite Double of 46 lbs.

So if any 2008 BJCCD owners have the time can you please weigh the stroller? It's a lot to ask but we have no way of getting our hands on one to weigh ourselves. This way they can just decide to buy it or not. My BJCED is way to heavy for them. My friend is petite and 34 lbs is the most she can lift in and out of her SUV.

Thanks everyone.

jacksmoma
05-31-2009, 09:06 PM
i got the 34 lb. weight from bj- it could be off!! wish i could actually weigh the stroller but just had a c-section a few weeks ago so it's a def no-no! interested to see what the weight actaully is.....i will say that it does not feel like you are pushing that much weight b/c of the air filled tires :) i am glad i did not get the elite though for when i've gotta throw that thing in my suv's trunk on my own!!

jacksmoma
05-31-2009, 09:13 PM
oppppsssssss

WatchingThemGrow
05-31-2009, 09:31 PM
wish i could do this for the Elite Double, but I don't have a scale and I'm too close to delivery to try it. Ask me again in 2 mos... :)

Dragonfly2009
05-31-2009, 10:37 PM
You ladies are funny. I'm due in 6 weeks myself. So I haven't been lifting the BJCED myself either Third time around, I seem to be feeling a lot of pressure even when I am walking slowly. So, I'm definitely going to avoid lifting anything other than my 2 DDs.

But thanks. Hopefully someone else on the boards here will give it a shot.

Jacksmoma, hope you recover quickly from your c-section and congrats!! WTG, I wish you a smooth delivery :)

strollerqueen
06-01-2009, 02:05 AM
Okay, one last time. What is the real weight of the Baby Jogger city classic double? Jacksmoma responded to my last post that it is 34 lbs. But my friend's DH did some more research and said that he found on another board that it actually weighs 42 lbs vs. the Elite Double of 46 lbs.

So if any 2008 BJCCD owners have the time can you please weigh the stroller? It's a lot to ask but we have no way of getting our hands on one to weigh ourselves. This way they can just decide to buy it or not. My BJCED is way to heavy for them. My friend is petite and 34 lbs is the most she can lift in and out of her SUV.

Thanks everyone.

I think the 42 and 46 are what owners in Strollerland have weighed it. You can double check on Strollerswap. I would not pay attention to the manufacturer's weights. These days, they can be off by even 10 pounds!

arivecchi
06-01-2009, 11:15 AM
I will weigh mine tonight if I remember!

Dragonfly2009
06-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Thank you Strollerqueen and Ariveraz! I guess the BJCCD is out of the question for them. I think she'll have to order the BJCMD since it's only 26 lbs. Hopefully her children won't outgrow it too soon as her DCs are taller than mine at the same age.

I should call her at work and tell her to order the BJCMD or start all over again. I myself have had quite a few strollers and am still trying to get it right! It can be frustrating, but I just love strollers! Unfortunately my DH doesn't share the same passion.

sb50257
06-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Does anyone know the weight of the Bumbleride Indie Twin? It says on their site it is 34 lbs, but since everyone on here is saying The Elite is 46 lbs vs. the 38 lbs they advertise on their site, it might not be correct?

strollerqueen
06-01-2009, 02:34 PM
It may or may not be. Some manufacturers list the correct weight; others don't. It's so frustrating, I know! The best thing to do is to ask someone here to weigh theirs for you. Or contact a retailer who will weigh it for you.

Dragonfly2009
06-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Just an update: My friend is now super hyped because her DH found a great deal on the BJCMD. They got it for $340! So thanks ladies, for clarifying the weights :)