PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for cutting your tree down at 7:15 this morning.

Carrots
06-02-2009, 08:15 AM
Ok... I realize that 7:15 is late for some people, but DD was up late last night and I was looking forward to catching a few extra zzzz's after DH left for work while dd was still sleeping. Unfortunately, this was not to be had.

Instead, the sound of a chainsaw woke me up. I ripped open my shades to see my neighbor and his whole family standing in their yard as they watched a man with a chainsaw in a cherry-picker pluck limbs from a large dead tree on their property. The tree is about 15-20 yards from my bedroom window.

There is a city ordinance that work cannot be started until 8:00am and I considered confronting them myself (me in my bathrobe and bed-head hair) or calling the police..... but I figured I would vent here and just start my day.

DD is still snoozing away through the noise.

kedss
06-02-2009, 08:20 AM
:31:
7:15 is way too early!! :(
hugs

SnuggleBuggles
06-02-2009, 08:24 AM
I hate that.

I swear that my borough has an 8am start time allowed for stuff like that- maybe your's does too? I'd call your town office and see. Not that it undoes this morning but in the future you could at least call someone and get them to stop.

tylersmama
06-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Ugh. I hate that. We have a construction site next to us and a couple of weeks ago, they started at 6:30! Our local ordinance is 7, which *I* think is still too early! Luckily it only happened that one time, because I was ready to go raise some hell.

But then, this morning, one of my neighbors (we live in condos) apparently let their dog out on their patio/balcony around 7:30 and let the stupid dog bark nonstop for half an hour. Now, my dog barks. A lot. At pretty much everybody that walks by. BUT...I don't leave him out on the balcony to do it nonstop, and especially not in the early morning!!! :32:

almostamom
06-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Any time a parents gets a chance for a little extra sleep and is woken by something other than a child, there definite cause for a vent or two! Vent away, you are entitled!!

Linda

KpbS
06-02-2009, 11:20 PM
This reminds me the day DS1 came home from the hospital our neighbors cut down a gigantic oak tree in their yard very close to our house. The noise was deafening and it seemed to take forever. Welcome to the world.

DrSally
06-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Too early. AFter you've been up with the baby all night, isn't it nice to sleep until the baby wakes up. We live in a new dvmt and every morning wake to excavators, etc. at 6:30am. That and the super squeeky school bus brakes at 7am.

alien_host
06-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Thank stinks. A few weeks ago there was a truck parked outside my neighbor (across the street) and the second it turned to 7:30 they started jackhammering the street. So much for a few more minutes of peace and quiet.

newg
06-03-2009, 02:57 PM
what I hate just as much is when our neighbors decide to mow the lawn/weed wack/trim trees starting at 8p right after we dd down for bed.....we get to listen to her until they are done and she finally settles down and goes to sleep.

gggrrrrrrrrrrr.....