PDA

View Full Version : Continuation of Okay ... that's it ... GAME ON!!!

lovebeingamom
06-02-2009, 11:16 AM
I need to lose at least 10-15 lbs. I know the drill .... calories in verses calories out - I get it!!!! I eat pretty good, portions are normal, strength-train 4x/week and started the c25k program yesterday. Prior to the c25k program (and now on the days I don't train ... I am still trying to walk at least 30 mins. - with the kids in double jog stroller). I am still hovering around the same weight, if not gaining - definitely NOT losing!!!!!!! I am SOOOOO over it!!!!!!

I have an 8 mo. who is still nursing. I understand the philosophy that it takes 9 months to gain it, it takes at least 9 months to lose it - and could take up to a year. I really am trying to be patient and embrace my "mommy body". However, when I am doing everything mentioned above and still NOT losing - it gets old and VERY frustrating.

Need help from others - motivation to continue, support, encouragement, etc!!!!! I am hoping for accountability!!!

Any thoughts, suggestions, advice from others???? WW, gym memberships, etc .... not options for me right now.

elizabethkott
06-02-2009, 11:42 AM
The myfitnesspal.com website has totally been helping me!

lovebeingamom
06-02-2009, 12:07 PM
What kind of things are you all eating? How many x/day do you eat?

SnuggleBuggles
06-02-2009, 01:38 PM
It is very possible that your body is hanging on to a bit of extra weight while you are nursing. For some moms that happens and when they wean that last 5-10lbs goes too. (not that I think you should wean! keep on nursing- especially because you could be like me and other people I know that gain when they wean!)

I have also found that when you start really strength training you build the muscle for a bit then after a bit the weight loss comes. It's like your body doesn't do both at once at first. I took a 60 minute weight lifting class 2-3 times/ week for about 3 years and I also did cardio 3-4 times/ week. I ate pretty well too. I never lots a ton of weight but I was really, really fit. I had to accept that. I looked awesome even though the scale was 7lbs higher than I wanted it to be.

Since the gym etc. is out, how about renting a bunch of dif't workout DVDs from Netflix to do during naptime?

I'd probably do a food journal just to make sure you aren't eating more than you think you are. I know that the nibbles I take of ds's food add up but I don't always remember to count them.

Just so you know, I am right there with you. I jog 3-4 miles about 4 times/ week, strength train, take Zumba and watch what I eat but I am holding steady or gaining a bit. It's bad because I am going to have no clothes to wear soon! I signed up for a boot camp starting next week though. I need something to get me over this plateau. I just want to get to a point where I am happy with my progress (it'd be nice to make any kind of progress!) and comfortable with how I look. I do just have about 7lbs to lose but it seems so hard.

Very best of luck to you!!

Beth

lovebeingamom
06-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the encouragement .... I really needed it. It does sound as though we are in similar situations. Let me know how the boot camp works for you. I really wanted to try that myself ... but know that is not where our $$$ should go right now.

What is Zumba ,by the way?

boltfam
06-02-2009, 03:08 PM
I could have written the same post! I am not BF but I gained about 10-15 lb. when I weaned and CANNOT get it off. I have been a slacker with strength training lately, but otherwise, I do some cardio pretty much every day. I have been watching what I eat, and that weight is just clinging.:banghead:

I wish I could give you advice, but at least we can all commiserate together.

arivecchi
06-02-2009, 03:13 PM
I've been "sort of" dieting and doing strength training 3/4 times a week and it's working well. I mostly do hard leg workouts because they burn the most calories. I don't really do much cardio as that is not as efficient as strength training. PM me is you want more details, but I finally lost 10 pounds after hitting a plateau (I lost 20 pretty much immediately after having DS2 and had 20 to go). I still have 10 to go, but am glad I finally saw some progress!

SnuggleBuggles
06-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the encouragement .... I really needed it. It does sound as though we are in similar situations. Let me know how the boot camp works for you. I really wanted to try that myself ... but know that is not where our $$$ should go right now.

What is Zumba ,by the way?

I'm psyched for the boot camp. I'll give updates!

Zumba is a dance style aerobics' class done with a Latin or other International flair (we have a few Indian style numbers, some African...). Lots of fun. A lot of independent dance schools and such offer it on a drop in basis if you want to give it a try. There are DVDs too. It helps to have a lot of space to workout in because you get a much better workout if youc an do the moves big.

Beth

Momof3Labs
06-02-2009, 05:14 PM
If WW is out (I assume due to cost) how about sparkpeople.com (is that the right website)? It is the same principle but free. I suspect that you are (like I was) taking in more calories than you think, and once you really get on top of your portions and the nitty gritty of your diet, that weight might come off for you after all. The best way to do that is to track everything that passes through your lips!

lovebeingamom
06-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks ... I will try the sparkpeople.com and see what happens, maybe you are right. I really do NOT like tracking everything I eat (too tidious for me)...but that is probably where my problem lies.