PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Summer Infant Day & Night Handheld color video monitor?

PCARN
06-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Hi- Would like some input regarding the Summer Infant Day & Night Handheld Color Video Monitor. I like the fact that it's a small handheld monitor compaired to the usual larger monitor size. I'm debating on if it's worth getting instead of the standard monitors w/out video.

Thanks in advance.

mejilsa
06-03-2009, 01:11 PM
We got the summer infant day/night video monitor when we moved our son to his crib, about 2 months ago. I absolutely love this monitor! I wouldn't say that the video is necessary, but it is really nice to have. Now that he's 4 months, it helps us figure out if it's better to leave him alone or if he needs some help (ie, he's crying because he can't find his pacifier or he rolled over and can't get back) when we hear him on the monitor. Also, we're new parents so we really love looking at him! It's a clear picture, color in the daytime and b/w at night. It can pick up an amazing picture in near complete darkness. I'd highly recommend this product.

maydaymommy
06-03-2009, 02:25 PM
LOVE LOVE love the monitor. DS is 2 and we still use it every day.

I was just starting to wonder if he'll grow up thinking someone is always watching him in his sleep....

I have had good, easy customer service with Summer Infant, too.

Highly recommended.

NancyJ_redo
06-04-2009, 01:24 AM
We love ours, I highly recommend it for all the reasons pp's mentioned.

WatchingThemGrow
06-04-2009, 06:16 AM
If that's the blue one with the larger screen, then yes, LOVE it. It has been so helpful in toddlerhood to know that DD is taking off her diaper or doing something else against the rules. And DS only sucks his thumb when he wakes up, so we'd always think he was sleeping if we did audio only. VERY fun to have.

sunshine873
06-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Yes, I would recommend it to anyone. I thought it might be overkill but when we received it as a gift decided to give it a try. So glad we did! It's great to get a visual when DD starts crying to assess the situation without running in there. The color only works if there's a lot of light in the room, but that doesn't bother me. The night vision works great!