PDA

View Full Version : When did your DC stop using your swing?

arivecchi
06-03-2009, 12:16 PM
DS2 is 4.5 months and weighs about 16 pounds. He seems content in it still and does not use it for long periods of time. Is it time to pack it up though? I cannot remember how long I used it with DS1.

zag95
06-03-2009, 01:51 PM
I think we stopped using it as DD neared 20 lbs because I was worried she would burn out the motor! I think she was 9-10 mos- and moving... not wanting to be in it anymore!

WatchingThemGrow
06-03-2009, 02:02 PM
I think around 8.5 mos, when DD held onto the "handles" of the toybar and started acting like she was at an amusement park,

belovedgandp
06-03-2009, 02:45 PM
I don't remember age, although I'm pretty sure it was between 6 and 9 months for both boys.

My thing was that they were reaching out and grabbing onto the bar supporting the swing. Causing the swing to stop. I was convinced they were going to hurt themselves and the horrible noise of the swing trying to move when a baby was inside it stopping it was awful on the ears.

srhs
06-03-2009, 02:54 PM
It was at or soon after 6 mos. for our fullsize swing. I remember him being able to lean his upper body farther forward than I was comfortable with and put it away then.

arivecchi
06-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the responses. I'm trying to figure out whether to lend it to my SIL who is due in mid-July. Sounds like I should be able to get more use of it, so I guess I will hang on to it a bit longer.

carolinamama
06-03-2009, 03:56 PM
We stopped using ours around 5 months and it had gotten quite limited use for a month or so before that. DS2 is very much an on-the-move little guy and doesn't tolerate much confinement so that may have limited us. He's much happier with a basket of toys on the floor. I would probably loan it out, but that is just based on our use.