PDA

View Full Version : Do JJB's ever go on sale?

tmphilo
06-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Do JJB's ever go on sale? I've seen a few sites with discounts, but they exclude coupons for JJB. I'm looking for a new JJB Be All in Midnight Eclipse. Seems like the "sale" ones only go down to $120. Just curious if I'll kick myself right after I buy one at full price. I've looked in the Pink Room, my DH just figures I might as well buy new if it's only $40 more... Thanks for any help.

pastrygirl
06-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Not really, unless they're discontinued. JJB doesn't allow coupon codes/discounts, as a policy.

ang79
06-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Try Ebay, I've seen new ones for $100 BIN on there, or cheaper with an auction.

MCsMom
06-03-2009, 07:22 PM
They sell the model you want at my local Buy Buy Baby.

If you have one by you, you might be able to use an current Bed Bath and Beyond 20% off one item coupon for it. Buy Buy Baby coupons come infrequently.

Hope that helps!

tmphilo
06-04-2009, 09:38 AM
There isn't a Buy Buy Baby near me. Can you use the BB&B coupon through the website or phone order? I'd guess I'll also have to figure out if the savings are eliminated due to shipping... Thanks for all of the suggestions!

aajamu
06-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Do JJB's ever go on sale? I've seen a few sites with discounts, but they exclude coupons for JJB. I'm looking for a new JJB Be All in Midnight Eclipse. Seems like the "sale" ones only go down to $120. Just curious if I'll kick myself right after I buy one at full price. I've looked in the Pink Room, my DH just figures I might as well buy new if it's only $40 more... Thanks for any help.

I'd go for the Pink Room option if you've never tried JJBs before. Sure, you can buy one new, but if it doesn't work out for you, you are left trying to sell it at a huge discount.

The only caveat: If you buy in the PR or on ebay, ASK FOR PHOTOS. Ask about scuffs and stains, and pulls to the elastic side pockets. Nearly every single JJB I've purchased used has had scuffs, stains, or elastic issues that were not disclosed to me before purchase. Ask for pictures, ask about scuffs, ask about marks on bottom and on corners (very common). Ask about mesh pockets too - sometimes they are torn. There are also often magnet marks on the bags. Then if you can live with condition, go for used. Recycling is good for your wallet and the environment. :love5:

seedoubleyou
06-10-2009, 10:43 PM
You're better off buying gently used on ebay they last so long you can resell it at close to purchase price.

chicagojo
06-28-2009, 02:51 PM
I just picked one up at my local TJ Maxx (Chicago - Lincoln Park) for only $39.99 - I think it is either a Be Smart or a Be Spicy - so if you're not in a rush to buy, prowling TJ Maxx, Marshalls' etc. could be an option - I have also gotten PPB bags there in the $40-50 range in the past and have seen deeply discounted Fleurvilles as well, but you have to get lucky.

choopi
08-24-2009, 04:34 PM
I just picked one up at my local TJ Maxx (Chicago - Lincoln Park) for only $39.99 - I think it is either a Be Smart or a Be Spicy - so if you're not in a rush to buy, prowling TJ Maxx, Marshalls' etc. could be an option - I have also gotten PPB bags there in the $40-50 range in the past and have seen deeply discounted Fleurvilles as well, but you have to get lucky.

Do you know if there are any left at that TJ Maxx???? What a find!

vahnessuh
08-26-2009, 02:42 PM
What kind are you looking for? I have a BePrepared in Purple Paisley that I'm selling... I only used it once so it's still essentially brand new.

Yeah... the thing is with Pink Room is that these people are JJB addicts. They don't care about the condition as much as owning another item to add to their collection. That said, they want it to be pretty cheap. I have hard time selling my JJB there since it's too expensive for them.

seedoubleyou
08-29-2009, 05:22 PM

Which department, bags or baby?

I got a Be All for $100 and few cents from littledudesanddivas.com using a coupon from retailmenot.com

Kadedidit
09-01-2009, 05:55 PM
TJ Maxx's only sold the BeSmart since they were discontinued :)

Kadedidit
09-01-2009, 05:56 PM
TJ Maxx's only sold the BeSmart since they were discontinued :)

And from my experience, the woman in the Pink Lady room all take VERY good care of their bags, I haven't seen one thats really bad.

seedoubleyou
09-07-2009, 11:42 AM
And from my experience, the woman in the Pink Lady room all take VERY good care of their bags, I haven't seen one thats really bad.

That's because majority of them are JJB fanatics they have more than 10 JJB bags to rotate so no 1 bag gets used real bad.