PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Buggy - 3 questions

cape76
06-04-2009, 07:14 AM
Hi Everyone-
I have 3 questions on the mountain buggy urban single.
1. Does the color matter in terms of heat? Does the black or navy get way too hot in the summer?
2. I heard phil and ted's bought the MB company. ARe there changes going to be made? Is there a 2009 model coming out that I should wait for???
3. I found a MB urban single 2007 model on craigslist for $200. It seems in very good condition and a good deal but how do the 2007 models differ?
Thanks so much!
Michelle

marge234
06-05-2009, 07:21 PM
I have a 2007 I got on a good sale. Unfortunately, I cannot remember where I found the information that led me to decide the changes weren't enough to warrant the big price difference. I think there's a difference in the recline, the 2008 might recline more completely. For me full recline wasn't a factor because I got the carry cot for when the baby is new.

wencit
06-05-2009, 10:29 PM
From http://www.babygizmo.com/compare/modelyeardifference.php#mtnbuggyurban

Difference between 2007 and 2008 Mountain Buggy Urban Strollers?
The 2008 Mountain Buggy Urban Strollers have rear wheel suspension and they come fitted with a drink bottle holder. There is more fabric in the seating and it adjusts back to 4 degrees off flat. (This is just enough to keep the babies head slightly raised.) There is also extra padding on the base of the seat and this also allows for the harness system to in two different positions now. This new position allows a newborn baby to be strapped in firmer and the harness sitting closer to their body.

twodogs
06-10-2009, 02:10 PM
I had a lot of these same questions, and posted here about one month ago, so you can search and find those posts. I actually ordered the 2007 European version (Urban Jungle) from Albee Baby, and it is very similar to the US 2008 per Strollerqueen. I LOVE it and it was only $279, I think.

http://www.albeebaby.com/mountain-buggy.html

Free shipping when I ordered. I got the Moss color because I live in a very hot climate. Have been very happy. It comes with a free storm/rain cover as well.

Mine has two positions for the straps, has rear wheel suspension but no cup holder.