PDA

View Full Version : Differences between Maclaren Triumph and Quest?

spanannie
06-04-2009, 09:19 AM
I've had the Quest in the past, but never the Triumph. What are the main differences other than the slight difference in weight?

Thanks!

Snow mom
06-04-2009, 10:07 AM
The ones I know off the top of my head are differences in recline (Quest lies much flatter) and the Quest has pull outs to make the seat longer to rest baby legs on. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable can name more.

meme9300
06-05-2009, 08:00 AM
I recommend going to the maclarenbaby website or searchign reviews on youtube which can probably give you a better idea of the comparisons.

WatchingThemGrow
06-05-2009, 10:37 AM
See I didn't feel the Quest in BRU reclines much more than my 06 Triumph. The Q was heavier and didn't have a strap, which I use to collapse the stroller. The Triumph just seems more streamlined to me, and it is a great travel stroller (with the Organizer) for our needs.

spanannie
06-05-2009, 11:11 AM
There's a big price difference, but they look the same.

Also, now that I see the Peg Perego Si, I'm more confused. I've always loved my Macs more than any other brand, though.

meme9300
06-05-2009, 11:35 AM
The Quest has a strap if you buy it any place other than BRU, FYI.....

I personally love the leg extension on the Quest but that's just me.....

The SI is much heavier than the Triumph or Quest (it's about 17 lbs) so that is a huge dealbreaker for me!

AnnieW625
06-05-2009, 11:38 AM
My setiments are exactly the same as Watching them Grow's regarding the MAC. I totally agree with her. I don't have the organizer though.

arivecchi
06-05-2009, 11:52 AM
See I didn't feel the Quest in BRU reclines much more than my 06 Triumph. The Q was heavier and didn't have a strap, which I use to collapse the stroller. The Triumph just seems more streamlined to me, and it is a great travel stroller (with the Organizer) for our needs.
:yeahthat:

spanannie
06-05-2009, 02:26 PM
The Quest has a strap if you buy it any place other than BRU, FYI.....

I personally love the leg extension on the Quest but that's just me.....

The SI is much heavier than the Triumph or Quest (it's about 17 lbs) so that is a huge dealbreaker for me!

It says that the Si weighs 12 lbs . . . then again, sometimes they aren't accurate on stroller weights.

lorinick
06-05-2009, 02:51 PM
The recline is a huge difference imo. The Quest can be used starting at 3mts where as the Triumph is 6 mts. because of the recline feature. And I also love the foot rest.

footrest or no foot rest
for recline with multi postions or the Triumph with one recline with the hook.
three months with Quest or six the Triumph.

Hope that helps.

WatchingThemGrow
06-05-2009, 03:01 PM
The recline is a huge difference imo. The Quest can be used starting at 3mts where as the Triumph is 6 mts. because of the recline feature. And I also love the foot rest.
footrest or no foot rest
for recline with multi postions or the Triumph with one recline with the hook.
three months with Quest or six the Triumph.
Maclarenbaby.com and my Triumph says 3 mos, which is when we started using ours... and our strap is adjustable, with a variable recline, then a buckle to open completely. Are they different now than they were in 06?

arivecchi
06-05-2009, 04:04 PM
The OP's youngest child is almost 1, so I don't think recline is an issue, but Triumphs can be used from 3 months according to the Maclaren website.

1Tracey
06-06-2009, 04:07 AM
It says that the Si weighs 12 lbs . . . then again, sometimes they aren't accurate on stroller weights.

Yeah, that's without the hood and basket I believe. A guy at a store that carried it physically weighed it and it's actually 17 lbs as you see it whole in pictures.