PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide where to put my glider--Living room, or baby's room??

bw52
06-04-2009, 11:17 AM
I've always assumed we'd put our glider (from Little Castle or Best Chairs, so it really looks like a chair) in the baby's room, but I'm realizing it might be kind of cramped in there. And now I'm wondering if I'm going to want to always go to her room to put her to sleep. I spend most of my day in the front of the house and don't really like being in the bedrooms for long time. Does that mean I'm going to wish I could rock her in the Living Room?

I need to decide before I order the chair, though, as that will determine the fabric I choose.

Please fill a FTM in on the pros/cons of either of these.

Thanks! :)

Andi98989
06-04-2009, 11:36 AM
We will be putting our glider in the nursery so that it's convenient for use at night. I am getting a neutral fabric for it so that we can move it out into our living room at a later time if we want to.

hillview
06-04-2009, 11:42 AM
We have 2 -- one in each boys room. I really like them there. I could see for the first couple of months having it in the living room but eventually you want to have DC know they fall asleep in bedroom. We still use them every day in bedroom for books etc.
GOOD LUCK!
/hillary

swrc00
06-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Our glider is in DS's room. It was nice when he woke up for night feedings and when he occasionally wakes up in the middle of the night and needs glided back to sleep now. During the day I just sat on the couch and used a bosom buddy pillow when I needed to hold him when he was smaller.

SnuggleBuggles
06-04-2009, 12:37 PM
With ds1 we put it in the living room. We really never needed it at night so that worked fine. I didn't want to be all alone in ds1's room when the family was downstairs. With ds2, new house, we put in the lrm again but I really never used it. I wish that we had it in his room instead but we never got around to moving it. One more bad night and I probably would have moved it up there though. :)

I never would have fed him in the chair even if it were up there. Nursing laying down was the way I liked to do things because I could be warm, comfy and doze. Even better was that dh would bring ds to me so I didn't have to get up. I would have just used it if he was fed but still fussy and wanted to be held.

Beth

Melaine
06-04-2009, 01:22 PM
I vote living room, 100%. We had ours there and it was great for feeding and that (ugh) endless pumping I got to do. Nice to be able to watch TV while nursing/pumping/bottlefeeding.
My main reason for not doing the bedroom is trying to get DC to go to sleep on their own. Having the glider in their room would have tempted me to rock them to sleep. As it was we got into the habit of putting them down sleepy but awake and it really served us well.

hez
06-05-2009, 12:12 AM
I put mine in the study across the hall from DD's room. The TV & computer are in there, so I could watch TV or surf while I nursed or pumped.