PDA

View Full Version : I lost the phones.

trales
06-04-2009, 04:07 PM
There, I said it, it was I who lost both of the phones in our house. DH lost the load of laundry, but I am questioning whether or not that actually existed. I cannot find either of the handsets that go with the really good phones I bought. Arggggg.

We have one of the cheap - o for power outages plugged in right now. What a pain.

These phones were really nice, I have some hearing issues and could actually hear people on them. I know they will turn up as soon as I replace them.

BTW, our house is not large, only 1400 sqft.

As for the load of laundry, well, DH has been having issues and has a full neuro work up in Boston in a few weeks. I just replaced all his socks rather than stressing about missing socks. We have enough to worry about.

elephantmeg
06-04-2009, 04:42 PM
our phone was in the couch-like fell all the way down to the bottom and we had to cut the mesh. I'm sorry things have been so crazy-hope you find them soon!

Dyonia
06-04-2009, 04:56 PM
I second looking in the couch. I lost my keys once and they were all the way down inside the couch -- had to cut off the dust cover underneath to find them. We lose phones and remotes down the couch on a regular basis.

Is there a chance your child could have wandered off with a handset and put it in with the toys? How about the garage? Every couple months my DH leaves a handset in there. How about on the bathroom counter?

Is it possible your phones have a handset locater feature? Look on your base (on the bottom as well) and see if there is something you can press to make the handset beep or ring.

I hope you find them soon! I understand the aggravation of finding a phone that works great for you -- it's not a piece of cake!

Good luck, and I hope everything works out okay for your DH.

Donna

infomama
06-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Do you have a cell phone? Have you tried calling your house # and just walking around until you hear them ring? I 2nd the "page" button..most good wireless handsets have that function. Good luck!

hillview
06-04-2009, 06:15 PM
I third (?) the couch. Also check under papers and in laundry piles (not to hit a sore point). Would DC have put it somewhere?
/hillary

WatchingThemGrow
06-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Our DS has a fascination with the trash can currently. Can you check there?

MMMommy
06-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Ditto on the phone locater function, if you phone base has that. We have the cordless Panasonic phones, and there is the phone locater function where you press certain buttons, which in turn makes the "lost" handsets beep from wherever they are.

DietCokeLover
06-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Look in toy boxes, diaper bags, anything that DC could have thought would have been a fun place to put things.

Hope all goes well with your DH.

trales
06-04-2009, 09:09 PM
The phone locator is my best friend. The phone is dead, wherever it is, it does not ring or beep. I have taken apart the usual spots. Argggg. I will take more of the house apart on Sat before I buy a new one.

The toy stashes are a good idea. I did not go through her room yet or a couple baskets of laundry.

Thanks for the thoughts on DH, we should have a lot of answers after the neuro appt. I just hope it is not Parkinson's.

maestramommy
06-04-2009, 09:42 PM
The phone locator is my best friend. The phone is dead, wherever it is, it does not ring or beep. I have taken apart the usual spots. Argggg. I will take more of the house apart on Sat before I buy a new one.

The toy stashes are a good idea. I did not go through her room yet or a couple baskets of laundry.

Thanks for the thoughts on DH, we should have a lot of answers after the neuro appt. I just hope it is not Parkinson's.

Sorry Tracey:hug: I'll be praying for your DH.

Toba
06-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Also praying for your DH!

ljackson
06-04-2009, 10:16 PM
If you haven't already you could try asking your DD if she knows where it is. My DD usually has a reasonable memory for the bizarre places she hides stuff!

mama2g03
06-05-2009, 12:16 AM
More P & PT for you and your DH. I hope all goes well at his appointment.

vejemom
06-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Have you tried the fridge? Do not ask me how I know this...

trales
06-05-2009, 09:57 AM
The fridge and freezer were the first places I looked, also the pantry. Still no luck, every time I ask DD, she shows me where they should be. Sigh.