PDA

View Full Version : OK to mix purees/stage 1 foods?

SamanthaRM
06-04-2009, 04:09 PM
my 6 month old DD just started solids 2 weeks ago. she tried and loved eating sweet potatoes. now she has tried peas on 4 different days, but it is obvious she doesn't love them. she doesn't turn her head away, but she doesn't lunge at the spoon like she does with the sweet potatoes.

but since she has had no allergy to either veggie, it is ok to try and mix the purees together, to see if she will take her peas that way? i am bit hesitant to advance to stage 2 yet, and we have quite a few jars of peas puree left.

KrisM
06-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Yes, it's okay if you mix them so long as they've been tried seperately and was fine.

JBaxter
06-04-2009, 05:07 PM
yes its fine to mix foods. I always did a veggie then fruit and if they didnt like the next veggie I mixed it with a fruit he already had.

DrSally
06-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Yes, it's okay if you mix them so long as they've been tried seperately and was fine.

Yep, I do it all the time.

Momof3Labs
06-04-2009, 09:17 PM
i am bit hesitant to advance to stage 2 yet

FYI, stage 1 peas are the same as stage 2 peas (for example), it's just that the stage 2 jars are larger. And there is obviously a bigger selection of stage 2 foods, many with multiple ingredients.

DrSally
06-04-2009, 09:36 PM
FYI, stage 1 peas are the same as stage 2 peas (for example), it's just that the stage 2 jars are larger. And there is obviously a bigger selection of stage 2 foods, many with multiple ingredients.

:yeahthat: I would get "stage 2" single veggies once DS started eating more. Better value for your money. FWIW, I wouldn't take my solids feeding advice from a baby food company. Many of their foods have items that are better delayed (corn, eggs, strawberries, etc.). Jarred baby food is really just a packaged convenience food, so don't necessarily go by what "stage" the jar says your baby should be at.

shawnandangel
06-05-2009, 01:23 AM
This website is a good resource of baby feeding info.

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com

It gives advice on when you should start certain fruits and veggies, how to store food ect.

It also tells you how to make your own baby food.

JBaxter
06-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Pretty much what we are eating I pull some out and put in the blender. at 7 months Jack LOVES to pick up pieces of carrot cooked soft, home canned pears, steamed chunked apples. He likes texture & flavor. I cook the green beans with onion and he loves them