PDA

View Full Version : New Baby Cache Heritage CHERRY available at BRU

bigbluedad
06-05-2009, 03:30 AM
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have been waiting for the Baby Cache Oak/Chestnut Heritage crib and combo dresser/changer to be in stock at BRU for over a month.

This week when I called I was informed that they had a brand new Baby Cache Heritage CHERRY option that they have never had before. They didn't even have it out on the floor yet.

This is the #1 rated crib in the new BB book and is actually made by Munire. The crib ($399) and combo ($529) are the same price as the Oak version. BRU sometimes offers coupons for 20% off nursery furniture. If you are interested in this ask your BRU employee about it if it is not on the floor yet.

http://babycache.com/img/collection_heritage3.jpg

brismom
06-06-2009, 02:46 AM
I am registered for the oak but do like the looks of the cherry. Will have to call my BRU and find out if they have it. Thanks for the heads up!

bigbluedad
06-06-2009, 02:39 PM
I just cannot say enough good things about this crib. WOW. :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

This thing is a great piece of furniture. The build quality is superb and the craftsmanship is top notch. I am absolutely thrilled with this purchase - especially for the price.

I've added a pic of this in my nursery so you can see how it looks if you are interested. I would be happy to answer any questions.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5622/cribu.jpg

Indianamom2
06-06-2009, 03:12 PM
I bought the oak/chestnut version and have to say that it doesn't look like any other oak furniture we have in our home. It's actually prettier and closer to a light cherry. Just throwing that out there!

That being said, now I know why the floor sample has been missing for weeks now. It's nice to have options.

Christina

bigbluedad
06-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Here is a picture of the Dresser combo for those interested...

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6251/crib2.jpg

brismom
06-10-2009, 11:13 AM
What to do? Which color between oak and cherry would hide dings better?

My BRU doesn't have any oak cribs in stock and doesn't know when they will get them in, but the dresser is available to be ordered. They do have the cherry crib in stock and the dresser is available to be ordered in cherry. What a conundrum

bigbluedad
06-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Personal preference, really. Obviously I went with the Cherry. I think the Oak version is pretty too but I was just really tired of waiting on the Oak version to come back in stock.

FWIW I think both versions are extremely nice.

brismom
06-26-2009, 06:05 AM
We ultimately went with the cherry seeing as how it looked like the oak would never be in stock and i just have to say WOW. The crib and combo unit look beautiful. Thanks so much for the info. We also went ahead and ordered the conversion rails, that took a lot of searching on BRUs part. It is back ordered and won't be in for a few months but we went ahead and ordered them for future use, you never know what may happen supply wise with BRU

bigbluedad
06-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Glad you like it! I am going to have to order the rails pretty soon as well.

We still love this crib and dresser.

dmpizzle
06-28-2009, 02:09 AM
Would it be silly to order this crib if we never wanted to convert it to a full size bed? We love the crib, and $400ish seems reasonable for a stationary crib compared to some of the other cribs we've seen.

bigbluedad
07-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Would it be silly to order this crib if we never wanted to convert it to a full size bed? We love the crib, and $400ish seems reasonable for a stationary crib compared to some of the other cribs we've seen.

Absolutely not. I think that for the price it absolutely the best crib for the money. And BRU sometimes has coupons for 15-20% off nursery furniture (which I was able to use) which makes it even better!

You can always buy the rails later. We are already planning on getting them as a Christmas present.

mylikuliku
09-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Absolutely not. I think that for the price it absolutely the best crib for the money. And BRU sometimes has coupons for 15-20% off nursery furniture (which I was able to use) which makes it even better!

You can always buy the rails later. We are already planning on getting them as a Christmas present.

I would love to get the coupons from BRU. Where should I register to get the coupon?

A&T
09-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Hello I'm a new member!
I just got this beautiful crib for $314.21 Plus Tax :yay:!!!
Babies R Us has a wonderful promotion running till 9/17/2009.

mylikuliku
09-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Hello I'm a new member!
I just got this beautiful crib for $314.21 Plus Tax :yay:!!!
Babies R Us has a wonderful promotion running till 9/17/2009.

Wow!! That is a good deal. How do mange to get it in such a low price?? The BRU web price shows $399 (but I need to pay the shipping fees). I went to the store last weekend and the price in store is $429. I asked whether I am able to get the price as indicated on the web, but they said NO. I would like to buy this within this month.....

A&T
09-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Wow!! That is a good deal. How do mange to get it in such a low price?? The BRU web price shows $399 (but I need to pay the shipping fees). I went to the store last weekend and the price in store is $429. I asked whether I am able to get the price as indicated on the web, but they said NO. I would like to buy this within this month.....

Ok here is the breakdown!!!

Til 9/17/2009 Babies R Us your local store not online, is having a 10% off any piece of furniture of more that $299.00 reg. price, no coupon necesary.

And also they have a special that is called "THE GREAT TRADE-IN"

From Friday, August 28 through Sunday, September 20, Babies"R"Us and Toys"R"Us stores nationwide are holding the "Great Trade-In" event, providing our customers the opportunity to trade-in any used cribs, car seats, bassinets, strollers, travel systems, playards or high chairs in exchange for a 20% savings on the purchase of any new baby item, in any of these product categories, from select manufacturers.

The "Great Trade-In" event places an emphasis on specific baby products, such as cribs and car seats that, due to safety concerns, may not be the best candidates to be handed down or resold. Beyond recalls, certain older and used baby items can be potentially unsafe for a variety of reasons, including damage or lack of compliance with recent advances in product safety standards.

What they did for me, I took an old stroller I bought at a thrift store for $10.00 and they give me the 10% discount of furniture plus the 20% discount for the trade in! Yes, they give you both discounts as long as you take a trade in!!!
$429.00 - 10% = $386.10 - 20% = $308.88 plus tax = $333.25= :yay: :jammin: :yay:
Hurry I wish you the best of luck:waving4:!!!!

A&T
09-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Yes, yes, yes!!!
They give me the 10% discount for the ongoing $299.00 or higher furniture special, and
The 20% discount for the “Great trade-in” special!!!

$429.00 – 10% = 386.10 – 20% = $308.88 plus tax :yay: :jammin: :yay:!!!

But you have to take a trde in!
Hurry!!!!!!!

DotLib
09-13-2009, 10:08 PM
This is the most beautiful furniture! My son and dil have it in Cherry, and so pretty and great price!