PDA

View Full Version : pack n play recommendations

mwrn1
06-05-2009, 10:56 AM
I am a first time mom and am trying to find a pack n play. We have a cradle that we got for a gift that we will be using the first few months for the baby in our room so we really won't need the pack n play for that. Do many of you use the changing table feature many pack n plays have? I'm thinking if we have the pack n play in our living room or around the house during the day, we could just change the baby on the floor using a changing pad and wouldn't necessarily need that feature. But if we had it, maybe we would use it more than I think. My husband would really like one that folds easily as well. Does anyone have any good ideas? I have looked at the chicco and graco ones online and have seen a few of them in stores. There are so many that have mobiles, vibration systems, remotes, etc....do those features really get used? Any suggestions are appreciated.

WatchingThemGrow
06-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Hey there - welcome! There have been several threads recently with a lot of suggestions. Here is a search of some of them - http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=2625370

Happy reading! I think your needs sound a lot like the other new mamas, so you'll glean some info from their replies.

zag95
06-05-2009, 11:00 AM
I have a more basic version of the pack n play by Graco- it has been great for traveling places such as the beach, or when we have little visitors!

GL

Momit
06-05-2009, 12:21 PM
We have the organic cotton play yard by Summer Infant. We use the changing table on ours much more than we thought we would. Changing diapers on the floor got old fast!

GraceH
06-05-2009, 11:35 PM
I have the Graco Pack & Play SPORT,
which is a hexagonal indoor/outdoor playard with a removable UV roof and a lockable zippered door (so it's a playtent when older)
- they don't currently sell them in the US, but I got mine for a bit over $100 in excellent condition on eBay
- really, a changing table feature wasn't important to me (I just throw down my Fisher Price Portable Changer mat wherever DS needed to be changed when we weren't at home near the nursery)
- we use our playard indoors when guests take DS' room and for naps as well as outdoors for BBQs and camping; it folds compactly its carry bag, and you simply hose the whole thing down if dirty (no cardboard inserts in the floor)
- I love our choice, and strongly suggest you look at it or something similar if you spend time outdoors