PDA

View Full Version : Does Land's End price guarantee?

citymama
06-05-2009, 01:17 PM
I bought a kid swimsuit a week ago (on sale) that has dropped $5 in price. Do they price guarantee? And to elektra and the others who recently bought LE suits, they are currently at 50% off, so you might want to call and get a price adjustment.

TwinFoxes
06-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Funny you mention this...I just got a price adjustment two days ago on something I bought. I did it via their online "chat" function, very convenient. Here's the important part, I asked what their time limit was on price adjustments. THERE ISN'T ONE! Wow!

poppy
06-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Have you gotten one on Overstock items? I tried but a rep over the phone said she can't do price adjustments on those. I wonder if anyone has been told something different. Sometimes, different reps say different things. (like on Amazon).

jgenie
06-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Have you gotten one on Overstock items? I tried but a rep over the phone said she can't do price adjustments on those. I wonder if anyone has been told something different. Sometimes, different reps say different things. (like on Amazon).

I don't know about the general Overstock items, but the On the Counter sections says they will only honor the price you purchased at.

citymama
06-05-2009, 02:10 PM
I wonder if anyone has been told something different. Sometimes, different reps say different things. (like on Amazon).

This is just my experience! I used live chat just as TwinFoxes suggested - the rep said no PAs on sale items! (I bought at a sale price and the price is now also on sale, though further reduced.) It turns out I was looking at the wrong price anyway, and the item fell less than $2 in price so not a big deal at all. But I definitely think different reps say different things at different times!

ray7694
06-05-2009, 02:10 PM
I just ordered last night and the size I wanted wasn't in stock so I ordered a different size to try. I called this morning as the swim top is $13 cheaper and it was already shipped so I reordered and will take the other back to Sears.

TwinFoxes
06-05-2009, 02:20 PM
My item was on sale, but not clearance. That may have made the difference. I'm going to try to get my bathing suit adjusted as well if it's gone down in price (I haven't checked yet.)

citymama
06-05-2009, 02:39 PM
My item was on sale, but not clearance. That may have made the difference. I'm going to try to get my bathing suit adjusted as well if it's gone down in price (I haven't checked yet.)

Mine was not on clearance either - it's the summer 2009 girl tankini. Oh well. As I said it ended up being under $2 so not a big deal.

AnnieW625
06-05-2009, 06:36 PM
I would call. I bought a night gown there last fall and within a week of ordering the item it was on sale and I got the sale price.