PDA

View Full Version : can a newborn lay in stroller?

AZMama
06-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Hi All. I'm newly pregnant and have a question about strollers. I'm going to be the graco infant car seat and the bugaboo as the main stroller. But I also want to get the peg perego pliko 3 as a travel stroller since it's more compact fold etc. I don't want to buy another car seat to fit the peg perego...since the stroller reclines almost flat...can I put the baby directly into the seat fully reclined? Thanx.

wencit
06-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Yes, you can put a newborn into the P3 with the seat fully reclined (it technically goes to about 170 degrees, but that's fine). In fact, it's better for the baby's head to be lying down directly in a stroller rather than a car seat all the time.

strollerqueen
06-05-2009, 10:46 PM
ITA! You should also use the bassinette in the Bugaboo. It is so much easier to just place a newborn in a bassinette, and it makes a nice, comfy bed for them, too.

GraceH
06-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Since you say you're looking at the P3 for travel, I have to ask if you've also taken a look at the Peg Perego Si? ... it's very similar, but I believe it's also lighter - it also comes with straps that *may* let you attach your car seat for quick trips (you would have to go try it yourself or ask here for someone that has)
If you're set on your choices - great! otherwise there are many ladies here that know more models and features and tons of helpful info.... just fyi.

AnnieW625
06-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Not sure how the Peg Pliko is now as far as the straps go but I had an older model (2003, I think; it was a hand me down) with Elisa in 2006 and I never felt I could get the straps tight enough for my tiny newborn.

Here is a photo of Elisa in the stroller when she was 2 mos. old and appx. 9/1/2 lbs.; it looks like I was able to get it tight enough near the shoulders by the second month but not near the waist. Prior to 2 mos she I had issues with the straps on her shoulders being tight enough, but she was a small baby only 8lbs or so at 1 month.

I ended up getting fed up with the Pliko and getting my Maclaren Triumph when she was three months old for travel, drs., and the mall (I went back to work when she was 4 mos.). We used our jogger a lot too for the neighborhood outings.

bubbaray
06-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Both of my girls were in the Pliko/then the P3 as newborns. They were big babies, though.

What about the P3 Switch???