PDA

View Full Version : first computer/laptop/leapfrog type toy

neeleymartin
06-06-2009, 09:32 PM
ds will be 2 on june 16. looking to get him a laptop like toy. we saw the elmo version at toys r us and it looked good, but after reading reviews i guess it is a piece of crap.

any recommendations are appreciated. want to expose him more to colors, numbers and alphabet. other stuff would be a bonus.

tia

sail731
06-06-2009, 09:38 PM
DD just turned 2 and got the Vtech laptop. So far so good. She is having lots of fun. Has learned to turn it on and off. Likes playing with the mouse and is being some letter recognition with some help.

neeleymartin
06-07-2009, 06:28 AM
any other advice. that one looks good but i wanted to avoid a mouse. i was thinking more along the lines of sitting on the couch or perhaps in the car on a long trip. should have made that clearer in my post. thanks.

MarisaSF
06-07-2009, 10:19 AM
I'd look at the Leapfrog brand ones. I don't have personal experience with one, but my friend's kid loved the one that had numbers and letters on it. I've been happy with the Leapfrog products in general. HTH.

egoldber
06-07-2009, 11:22 AM
For Hanukkah, someone gave Amy a VTech Little Einstein laptop. I wouldn't say she's learned much LOL but she does enjoy it and it has been very sturdy.