PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered my Munire crib!

SDGal83
06-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Went over to USA Baby today and ordered the Munire Madison crib and 4 drawer dresser in Espresso! Hurray! Fingers crossed it actually comes 'on time' (they said 8-12 weeks). Anyone else out there have this collection or other Munire? This is for my first baby!

bap_972
06-07-2009, 12:30 PM
We have the Munire Majestic set and we really like it. It does scratch fairly easily but the touch up pen takes care of that. Ours came earlier than the quoted 8-12 weeks but I don't think that is the norm with them.

crimscrem
06-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Went over to USA Baby today and ordered the Munire Madison crib and 4 drawer dresser in Espresso! Hurray! Fingers crossed it actually comes 'on time' (they said 8-12 weeks). Anyone else out there have this collection or other Munire? This is for my first baby!

We have the Munire Majestic set and we really like it. It does scratch fairly easily but the touch up pen takes care of that. Ours came earlier than the quoted 8-12 weeks but I don't think that is the norm with them.

We just got our Munire furniture. This is the second time we've gone with Munire furniture. Our first order (from USA Baby's) back in 2006 arrived in 4 weeks. Our second order (Decor for Kids) this year arrived in 6 weeks. I'm convinced that delivery time is not always based on the manufacturer, but may have to do with the store from which one orders.

If you run into problems, just give Munire a phone call. They have incredible customer service. The people there are very friendly and straight forward, and will really work with you to solve any complaints you have.

We went with the Espresso color in Newport this time around because we thought it would be easier to maintain. Our first purchase was the black, which is harder to take care of. We actually didn't care though because the underlying red looks great in our opinion.

SDGal83
06-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Ooo I loved the Newport set. We were down to the Newport, Madison and Essex. Have any of you converted the crib into a toddler bed/full sized bed yet? Just curious as to what your experiences were with that. Also- we got the tall dresser and I was thinking of trying to find a dark wood changing table... any tips?

bigbluedad
06-08-2009, 02:24 PM
I'd also take a look at the Baby Cache at Babies-R-Us made by Munire. Its the same build quality at almost 1/2 the cost if you use a 20% off coupon.

See my thread post from a few days ago for more info.

scully_girl
06-08-2009, 02:41 PM
The shipping time on USA Baby is as follows (according to salesperson):

USA Baby only processes the orders when the receive a pallet's worth of orders. So, let's say a pallet of your crib is 6 cribs. Once they've received six orders, the order is placed. If the crib is more popular than the dresser, you'll get the crib faster, which is why there's two different delivery times (sometimes). It normally only takes 4-6 weeks to get deliveries from the manufacturer, but they build in the extra time in case orders are slow.

How I know this:

We wanted to get the Baby Appleseed Davenport crib and dresser combo, but too many horror stories about 16 week order times and kids sleeping in drawers was enough to send my type-A personality into a tailspin! So we shopped around to find one in stock somewhere else. We ended up in Orange County but were able to walk away with both items THAT DAY. I think we paid about $50 more for the crib, but the peace of mind was worth it. Take heart, though. I've had multiple friends order from USA Baby, and they've always had great luck. And the awesome customer service there is supposed to be worth any difficulties ...

scully_girl