PDA

View Full Version : Kona or Whispering Canyon for lunch?

JTsMom
06-07-2009, 03:06 PM
My OCD self is planning out our ADR's for our trip in December. The only one still up in the air is one lunch where we're debating between Kona and Whispering Canyon. We've never been to either, and the food at both sounds great. Travel distance will be about the same for either- we'll hit it after a morning at Epcot, before we go back to the resort to rest for a while. Any opinions?

egoldber
06-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Is Whispering Canyon the one where the waitstaff "tease" the guests? If so, I would weigh that. My kid would be in tears.

JTsMom
06-07-2009, 04:52 PM
From what I've read, it's the one where they do the stick pony races and bring you 100 bottles of ketchup if you ask for it- so maybe it's the one you're thinking of? DS would think that was hysterical, so I think we're in the clear.

I was a little nervous about 50's Prime Time for that reason last year though. I think the servers are pretty good about reading how into it your family is though, luckily.

Puddy73
06-08-2009, 08:41 PM
We haven't tried Kona, but we were not impressed by WCC. The servers didn't do anything special and the food was a little greasy. However, some people love the place so perhaps we were just there on a bad day.