PDA

View Full Version : Colgate Classica I and what else?

Lila
06-08-2009, 11:01 AM
I think I'm just going to go with this. I hate all the nylon and I don't like things that smell plasticy or are toxic. (Who does?) but this mattress does seem to be a favorite.

What do I need with it? Which mattress cover/pad and which sheet?

I'm getting a Bonavita Hudson crib.

Thanks!

mwrn1
06-08-2009, 12:11 PM
the nylon cover classica I colgate mattress is phthalate free so you should not have to worry about the toxic issue. they say it is the natural alternative for those who wish to go with that choice. i went with that one which was the cheaper choice on baby catalog. anyway, i am using the ultimate crib sheet on top of my fitted sheet. it is a 4 in 1 product. it has a mattress pad, waterproof pad, super absorbent pad and quick change sheet. this snaps around the outside of your crib and protects your sheets. it is in the bb book. i got mine at BRU for $20. My friends love them and say they are lifesavers!

Lila
06-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Cool. Thanks!!

Lila
06-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Actually, I Just realized I registered for this: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2415410

How many sheets should I get? And with that one (above) (the Koala), do I need a pad? Or something else?

mwrn1
06-08-2009, 01:17 PM
i would say 2 or 3 fitted crib sheets would be fine for now. i have 2. you won't need to buy a mattress pad if you go with the ultimate crib sheet as it has one in it! you use the mattress, fitted crib sheet on top (like your koala one you registered for) then the ultimate crib sheet and that's all you need!!

Lila
06-08-2009, 02:11 PM
What's an alternative to the UCS?

mwrn1
06-08-2009, 04:27 PM
i remember reading something in the bb book about a sheet protector. you could look into those. it appears to be similar to the ultimate crib sheet but doesn't have the benefits of 4 products in 1. it is my understanding you may then also want to purchase a mattress pad if you choose to use one. i have the 2009 version of the book and they briefly discuss them on pg 120-121. i don't have any idea how much they cost in comparison to the ucs.

Lila
06-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I found it in the book. To be honest, I read a few not-so-good reviews about the Ultimate Crib Sheet, like they break and come undone, and all those ties; it makes me a little nervous. Has anyone tried the quick zip or stay put? I guess I should start a separate thread.