PDA

View Full Version : Good under the seat carry-on bag for airplane travel?

mamababa
06-08-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm seeking a great travel carry-on bag, one that can fit under the front seat on the airplane and stash everything I need for the trip so I don't have to keep getting up and down to get stuff out of the overhead compartment when we travel this summer. Ideally, it would have at least several pockets to keep things organized and be easily accessed while seated. And be as big as possible!

Any thoughts? I don't have much shopping nearby so I have to order online, and hate to do so without recommendations.

TIA!

hillview
06-08-2009, 03:32 PM
For travel I really like a backpack -- I use the Lands End diaper bag for that --it has about 5 zipper pockets and that is super helpful.
/hillary

daniele_ut
06-09-2009, 03:08 PM
I just flew with both kids and used my Ju Ju Be Be Spicy as a carry on bag. It fit perfectly under the seat and held everything we needed on the flight.

8 size 3 diapers + wipes case
Tube of Triple Paste
2 changes of clothes for each kid
portable DVD player and DVD case
My wallet, keys, sunglasses in mommy pocket
4 Pacifiers (she throws them and pulls off the paci leash)
2 sippy cups in outside pockets
6 snack size bags with crackers, raisins, pretzels, etc.
small toys for DD
Color wonder books for DS

DS has his own small backpack that he rolls on that had his Leapster and games, his headphones, Color Wonder markers, small cars, a few snacks and his blanket.

I bought a Packabe thinking I would want a backpack, but I realized that I wouldn't want a backpack at our destination (NYC) so I ended up using the Be Spicy instead and it was perfect.

aajamu
06-09-2009, 04:47 PM
For travel I really like a backpack -- I use the Lands End diaper bag for that --it has about 5 zipper pockets and that is super helpful.
/hillary

I second the Lands End Triple Compartment backpack for air travel. Lots of organization, good size for travel. Unfortunately, you need to find one on ebay because LE decided to discontinue (why, I have no idea).

seedoubleyou
06-10-2009, 10:35 PM
I use Kipling's Sherpa it's a soft tote with compartments, completely machine washable and dryer safe.

bubbaray
06-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Lands End Do-It-All diaper bag. It opens wide like a dr's bag, has great oganization and fits under the seat in front of you.