PDA

View Full Version : Question for those with a stainless steel fridge

mm123
06-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Have any of you figured out a way to hang things on the front of your stainless steel fridge, since magnets don't work? I know the sides can hold magnets, but the way our kitchen is set up, the sides of the fridge are not accessible. I'd love to be able to hang just a couple of things (grocery list, calendar) on the front, so they don't take up counter space.

Thanks!

hellokitty
06-08-2009, 03:50 PM
No. The only kind that allows you to hang anything on the front of the fridge is the newer SS, which looks like it is painted or something. I don't want to stick anything tacky on my fridge, but that would probably be an option if you want to something to stick to your SS fridge.

tmarie
06-08-2009, 04:01 PM
No. :( Much to dd's disappointment.

tmarie
dd#1 5/05
dd#2 6/08

hellokitty1
06-08-2009, 04:10 PM
We have nothing on ours either but it's amazing how less cluttered things are when the fridge is clean.

newg
06-08-2009, 04:15 PM
What about a 3M clip? My fridge is the fake ss, but for my calendar I have a 3M clip stuck to the fridge........I have not taken it off yet to see if it leaves a residue, but I would imagine it won't since you're suppose to be able to stick them anywhere!

pastrygirl
06-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Happeez (http://www.mayfairlane.com/products.html) supposedly sticks to stainless, but I haven't tried it.

DrSally
06-08-2009, 09:56 PM
I bought a large steel magnet board from IKEA for about $11 and framed it in a black wood frame. I hung it on my wall perpendicular to the fridge and hang all of the kids magnets on it. Actually, at our last house, I had one horizontal down low for kids magnets, leapfrog etc., and then one vertical at adult eye level for pictures, invitations, etc.

octmom
06-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Happeez (http://www.mayfairlane.com/products.html) supposedly sticks to stainless, but I haven't tried it.

I got a set as a stocking stuffer last Christmas. They work really well and are cute too.

kijip
06-08-2009, 10:01 PM
We have nothing on ours either but it's amazing how less cluttered things are when the fridge is clean.

Yeah, we got black because we preferred it to stainless and thought we needed to use magnets. Now I wish there was something preventing us from cluttering it with lunch menus, homework schedules etc.