PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide: $50 at BRU for a toddler

ha98ed14
06-08-2009, 09:14 PM
DD got a $50 gift card for her birthday to BRU. The person is an old family friend who has not seen DD since she was baptized, so I don't think she realizes DD isn't a baby anymore. DD turned two last week. So, other than diapers, what would you buy? Clothes is an obvious one I guess. Anything good I am missing that your toddler loves that is sold at BRU?

Momof3Labs
06-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Is it also good at TRU? If so, that makes it easy.

If not, in these cases, I've often "bought" the gift card from the kids and "given" them the money to spend wherever they want (or, when they were first born, I'd throw the money in their savings account). Then, in this case, I'd use the gift card to get diapers or something that is needed but isn't really a good birthday present for a toddler.

DietCokeLover
06-08-2009, 09:38 PM
BRU also has DVDs and books. You might get a combo of dipes and something like that which would be more fun for your DD.

Kitten007
06-08-2009, 09:41 PM
GOOD NEWS!!! BRU and TRU accept each others gift cards and coupons!!! They are the same company so you can use both at any location! I use my 15% discount coupons that I get at BRU sometimes for my toddler at TRU!

let73
06-08-2009, 09:42 PM
We bought this when DD was about 2 1/2 yo. She actually likes sitting in it. She calls it her big girl chair. It's more of a practical thing for the parent:)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2908479

ohiomom1121
06-08-2009, 09:42 PM
I think they sell Little People, but I think the books and DVDs are a great idea. You might also be able to use it at Kiddie Kandids to get her pics done. We've had mostly great experiences there.

DrSally
06-08-2009, 09:51 PM
I think you can use it at TRU. If not, does she need a cooshie booster seat? They have DVD's and books. They might have some fun water toys. I'm pretty sure you can use it at TRU, though. You can use a BRU merchandise credit at TRU.

DebbieJ
06-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Use it at TRU.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
06-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Wait until DC needs something.... Spend at TRU.

lorinick
06-09-2009, 01:23 AM
Use it at TRU the gift cards are usable at both stores. I purchased a gift card the last mintue at BRU for an eight year old. Knowing she would use it for TRU. But since I work at BRU it was easy to get. But I had to explain.

ha98ed14
06-09-2009, 03:30 AM
Thanks guys. I didn't know that the BRU gift card was good at TRU, so you really helped me there. It expands the options by leaps and bounds. I am bummed because I just dropped big bux for diapers with the sale last week and my coupons. I thought I did well but this would have been a score. It's so hard to buy more stuff when I have a ton already and it is really hard for me to keep the clutter to a minimum. But she needs clothes in size 2T and 3T, so maybe I will use it for that. We have more toys than I can count... Thanks for the tips.