PDA

View Full Version : Indecisive - which deluxe resort?

cono0507
06-08-2009, 11:30 PM
We've decided to stay at a deluxe resort near MK. I haven't been to WDW since the early 90's, so I'm pretty clueless. I've been reading allears.net and tourgide mike and here, etc, and I still can't decide. So, I'm just looking for opinions - if you had do choose, where would you stay with a 3 yo DD and 5 yo DS for a week?

Polynesian
Contemporary
Wilderness Lodge
Grand Floridian

Thanks! :)

Mermanaid
06-08-2009, 11:48 PM
We are in the same situation. DS will be 2.5 and DD will be 5 when we go in early December. I wanted to be on the monorail just for ease of moving around, figuring we will spend much of our time in Magic Kingdom. Based on that, I narrowed it down to Poly and the Contemporary. WL looks cool but the transportaion didn't fit my requirements. GF was too expensive.

That said, I originally booked a Garden Wing room at the Contemporary. Was super excited. Then I found a better deal through Magical Travel Vacations and moved over to the Poly. The more I think about it, the better it seems. More in-your-face themeingm which I think the kids will love, the beach close by, hula lessons and on the monorail. The only thing I am worried about at the Poly is the food court as it seems there is not a lot of choices. But, I figure it's only a week and we can ALWAYS find something to eat!

I have to buy room, tix, etc. as separate pieces but I ended up saving over $700 vs. buying through Walt Disney Travel Company.

Good luck with your decision! It can be overwhelming to try and make the "right" decision.

Momof3Labs
06-09-2009, 08:06 AM
The rooms at WL are MUCH smaller than the rooms at the other 3 resorts. We found them tight (well, we've stayed at AKL - same room size) for our family of four. If the other resorts are in your budget, I'd pick one of them over WL. But if WL is more in your budget and you don't mind less elbow room, the theming is amazing!!

Of the other 3, I'd pick Polynesian in a heartbeat for the theming.

caheinz
06-09-2009, 05:53 PM
We stayed in the Poly last June. DS1 was 4, and I was carrying the other two (inside!).

The Poly was wonderful. DS1 LOVED the volcano themed pool! And it couldn't have been easier to get to MK or Epcot -- for MK you can use monorail or boat, and Epcot is a short walk to the transport center (it can be really short depending on where your room is in the resort -- remember, I was carrying twins!) and then the monorail.

The rooms were spacious, too -- very nice! And the food was fine -- plenty of choices for breakfast.