PDA

View Full Version : Happy I took my stroller to Europe! For our 4 year old!

ged
06-09-2009, 01:44 PM
We just got back from our trip to several countries in Europe. My DD is 4 years old and pretty much n.e.v.e.r uses her stroller at home. We debated for weeks about whether to take a stroller, considered just buying one if we needed it once we got there, etc., etc. The morning of the trip as we were leaving for the airport, I decided to just take it (Inglesina Trip) with us...and we did not regret it. Perhaps not the best suspension (slightly bumpy over the cobblestones), but we had no issues pushing it over the cobblestones. We used it in the airports, and in various cities including Budapest, Prague, Cesky Krumlov, Bled, Ljubljana, Munich and Amsterdam. We used it on trains, metros, subways, buses, suuuuper steeep escalators, etc., with no issues. There were times we didn't bring the stroller with us (left in the hotel, or the car), and regretted it at times, but also made due without it.

She only napped once in the stroller, in the pouring rain no less, while in Prague. No, we did not have a rain cover, so she got soaked. That's one thing to consider, I guess, if you will be traveling with a young child who will always be in the stroller, and/or if you will be there in the rainy season (though were were there in late May, not rainy season, and got three days of cold rain).

General observations, however, are that strollers are everywhere. As long as you're comfortable with your stroller, I think you will be fine using one. We have had our Trip for years...so we didn't feel like it was cumbersome in any way. Like others mentioned, there were lots of bugaboos and others, but since I am not up to date with new strollers, I don't know all the types that were being used. The stroller was great to keep her contained, let her eat her snacks in while we were walking, and for carrying our bags, purchases, etc.

Just wanted to chime in, since I know there is a debate at times about whether or not to bring the stroller.

MamaBear
06-09-2009, 03:34 PM
:yeahthat:

Couldn't agree more. That's why I want to get a double, even though #1 will be 38 months when #2 is due. We'll be travelling lots, and I can't imagine he'll be able to keep up with us. (Heck, when I'm not pregnant, my husband can't keep up with me when we're travelling!)

strollerqueen
06-10-2009, 03:22 AM
Yep, ITA! :)