PDA

View Full Version : WHO Almost Ready to Declare Swine Flu Pandemic

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
06-09-2009, 03:44 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090609/ts_nm/us_flu_who

Just an FYI...

JMS
06-09-2009, 04:03 PM
An elementary school 2 miles from my house had 70! kids call out sick on Monday with flu like symptoms.

gatorsmom
06-09-2009, 04:13 PM
The thing that concerns me is that you just don't hear of the flu during the summer. And yet kids are getting sick now. What will this fall bring? :46:

Twoboos
06-09-2009, 04:22 PM
I am just starting to consider freaking out. DD1 has had a fever, sore raw throat, cough, slight stomach ache since Sat night. She does not have strep. So she *may* have the flu - but the dr's office ran out of flu tests!!! We'll have to go back when they are in (tomorrow or thurs) to find out. Then wait for the rest of us to get knocked down with it.

WTH, preschool is OVER, where did this come from??!?!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
06-09-2009, 04:40 PM
The H1N1 causes bad stomach issues from what I have heard...

frgsnlzrds
06-09-2009, 04:51 PM
The thing that concerns me is that you just don't hear of the flu during the summer. And yet kids are getting sick now. What will this fall bring? :46:

That's what I'm worried about. They say the true test is if it mutates and hits worse when flu season actually starts.

The two toddlers got my constitution-we catch EVERYTHING and we get it BAD. DH and DS1 hardly catch anything and it's always much milder than what I get. I can catch a cold, give it to DH, and still have it by the time he kicks it. So if there's a deadly flu coming....I think I'm kind of screwed!

BabyMine
06-09-2009, 05:22 PM
I was joking with my mother the other day. My ds2 was getting a cold. I told her he had the piglet virus.