PDA

View Full Version : Bright Starts (otherwise entitled you cheap piece of #!$%^#)

BeccaB.
06-09-2009, 04:53 PM
So a few weeks ago I was getting dressed in the morning while DS played in his bright starts bouncer. He's had it since he was born and has used it since he was about a month old. Never had any problems with it. This particular morning I'm getting dressed and the bouncer is sitting between the bed and dress in my bedroom. I look over and all the sudden without any warning and while DS was chewing on a toy and not even kicking or wiggling, the whole thing suddenly tips over. The metal frame completely came apart at the back corner where it is connected with some plastic thingamajigs. DS was about an inch away from hitting his head on the dresser. I was sooooooooooooooo mad.

Then last week I get a bounce, bounce activity center as a gift. It took me an hour to put the @#$%%@! thing together. Then the toys that were suppose to just snap in would not go in no matter how hard I tried. A good thing because once they went in they were never coming back out again. Then I tried to put the cloth seat on. Washable my hinny! If I had to take that thing on and off every few days to wash it I would kill someone or die from frustration.

I took the stupid thing back to the store (Thank the lord for gift reciepts) and got an Evenflo exersaucer on clearance for $40. It is so much better I can't even explain it! The toys pop on and off for cleaning, the seat comes out really easily, it was really easy to put together, and it actually adjusts to fit baby's height as he grows (the bright starts one said it did but once you popped in the plastic piece you would have need a crowbar and explosives to get it back out.

In short (which this was not) do not buy any activity gear from bright starts! Their small toys and activity mats are great, but the gear sucks!