PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Father's Day Gifts

pantrygirl
06-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Hi Folks:

I'm at a loss for a Father's Day present for my husband from our baby. Last year, we started the tradition that Father's and Mother's Day would be something simple from the child. (We gave each other presents even though I was still pregnant.)

I'd like to have a family outing but I'm need ideas. Any thoughts/suggestions?

I was thinking of maybe an outing to the zoo or something along the line.

I'd love to hear what your plans are.

:bighand::bighand:

LMPC
06-09-2009, 08:53 PM
This is our first official Father's Day -- I'm so excited! I plan on starting the tradition of planting a tree from DD to her Dad. DH is really hard to buy for...so I hope this works. I also am going to take a picture of the two of them on the day and put it in a nice frame. Each year, I can take another and put it in the same frame in front of the previous years. So that's my plan...fingers crossed!

jgenie
06-09-2009, 08:54 PM
We went to the zoo for Mother's Day and it was great. Not sure if we'll be doing the same for Father's Day yet or not. You could also do a picnic lunch that's what we did last year. It was nice and relaxing.

Toba
06-10-2009, 01:01 AM
For my husband's second Father's Day, I bought a really nice suede scrapbook album and did a complete Father's Day album. I went from the birth up until that Father's Day period. I used a LOT of embellishments and journaled a lot (it's actually the scrapbook I am most proud of :) ). He's kept it on his desk at work for the last three years. He looks at it often and is *always* showing it off to everyone (he deals with vendors a lot, so new people almost everyday!!). He is not one for gifts at all, but I know that one really touched him and it's something he'll treasure always.