PDA

View Full Version : Breast Pump

eyeheartlly
06-09-2009, 09:46 PM
I am looking for a breast pump that will suit my needs and would love some feedback. I am pregnant with my first child and will be a stay at home mom for hopefully the 1st year. I would like something that I could use every now and then so that daddy can feed the baby or so that I can pump on the go. I am generally a busy girl and I don't want breast feeding to completely tie me down. Any suggestions?

firsttimemama
06-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Hm.. I have a similar situation.. I have a manual pump - Avent Isis - and like it. Personally I hated electric pumps.

eyeheartlly
06-09-2009, 11:01 PM
So what are the pros and cons for manual vs. electric anyhow?

Cherrypi79
06-10-2009, 09:52 AM
I am a first time, stay at home mom (to a now 1 month old) and I'm using the Medela Swing. It's a single electirc pump. I really like it. You can use it plugged in or with batteries. It is small, very easy to travel with, and easy to clean.

I use the Playtex Drop In bottles, and I was able to purchase a Playtex kit to allow me to connect the bottles directly to the pump. This is a great advantage to me, because I don't have to worry about bags and transferring milk to the bottles.