PDA

View Full Version : What's the new BBB say best diaper pail is?

bw52
06-10-2009, 01:08 PM
The 2007 edition seems to like Diaper Dekor the best, so I thought I'd give that (the Plus version) a try, but then I just read that they changed to biodegradeable bags and they don't contain the smell nearly as much. Is this true? Is something else recommended now?

Kitten007
06-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Not sure about the Diaper Dekor, but just on a trial I bought the First Years Clean Air Diaper Pail. It uses batteries, a filter, and regular trash bags. You change the batteries and filter every 90 days when the batteries die. Filters are 2 for $9.99 at BRU and it uses 4 "D" batteries. I use it with my two boys and noticed that my kitchen doesn't smell anymore! I used to have a Diaper Champ but it didn't contain smell fully (but it worked) and my DS #1 like to put toys in the hole and flip the lid...... I got tired of cleaning toys so I bought the above pail and love it!

happymom
06-14-2009, 02:04 AM
I love my diaper genie elite! I've had it for about 3 months and it totally keeps out the smell- my daughter is only 6 months old though and from what I hear the diapers are gonna get a lot smellier when she starts eating real food....:barf:

Melbel
06-14-2009, 07:21 AM
We had used diaper genies for DS and DD1. Based upon the recommendations of friends, with DD2, we have been using the diaper sacks from Sassy instead of a diaper changing pail and it has worked great.

http://www.amazon.com/Sassy-Baby-Disposable-Diaper-Sacks/dp/B0007V644S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1244978228&sr=8-1

This is a less expensive option, you do not need to constantly clean and bleach the pail, you do not need to empty the pail, you do not need to see a pail and it contains the smell much better even with solids. We found this to be a much better choice for us all around.

KrisM
06-14-2009, 07:50 AM
We use a regular trash can and just dump poop in the toilet. We don't have any smell issues, since we don't save poop :).

Piglet
06-14-2009, 10:14 AM
We used a diaper genie with DS1 and DS2, but by the time DD came on the scene, we started to just dump diaper (poop and all) in the main trash. We don't have a huge garbage can and the bag gets changed every 2-3 days at most. We really never notice the smell and it lives in the kitchen, so I would notice it is were really bad!? The garbage bags do have an odor neutralizer or something of the sort, so that might help. For newborn diapers, for sure you don't need a fancy pail. The newborn poops are so much less stinky that we never cared where they landed. When you start solids you can get a diaper pail if you need one by then.

Sweetum
06-16-2009, 06:57 PM
I love my diaper genie elite! I've had it for about 3 months and it totally keeps out the smell- my daughter is only 6 months old though and from what I hear the diapers are gonna get a lot smellier when she starts eating real food....:barf:

:yeahthat:
No bending, no touching. And I think there's a thread somewhere on BBB about using regular trash bags with the DG.