PDA

View Full Version : wasn't there a tip for sloving BJCM slumping problem?

decormom
06-11-2009, 12:15 PM
I thought I read on here quite awhile ago while researching strollers of a tip that somebody did to correct the slumping back on the BJCM. it involved something about putting a board or something in a back pouch? Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Does anyone have any other tips? My 6 month old daughter hates to be in a recline position.

Thanks!

zag95
06-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Yeah... I thought I read something about putting a very thin piece of what would be like a fiberboard, in the back where the metal "braces" are....

twowhat?
06-11-2009, 03:39 PM
There's a pocket on the seatback - it velcroes shut. You can slide in a piece of fiberboard or something similar (get it cut at the hardware store). I also remember someone saying you can buy a board from BJ.

AJP
06-11-2009, 09:03 PM
BJ will sell you a board...they told me to contact customer service to order. I haven't yet b/c I'm trying to find something free to put in there lol. What is "fiber board" exactly? Think they have it/know what it is at Lowes or HD?

Lyndsy
06-12-2009, 11:42 AM
I 'think' I remember someone saying they bought a 3-ring binder and cut off the front of it and put it in there. Worth a try I guess.

codex57
06-12-2009, 04:52 PM
BJ will sell you a board...they told me to contact customer service to order. I haven't yet b/c I'm trying to find something free to put in there lol. What is "fiber board" exactly? Think they have it/know what it is at Lowes or HD?

It's basically sawdust or other scraps of wood compressed into a flat board shape. Yes, ask for something like that at Lowes or HD. You'll have a better chance at Home Depot. Lowes seems more for finished manufactured products (stuff that comes in boxes). HD seems better at carrying basic "ingredients" for home improvement projects (like pieces of pipe, lumber, etc).

I like that 3 ring binder idea. I'd buy a cheap one and sacrifice both sides. It's covered with plastic, so unlikely to damage the stroller. A piece of fibreboard might be too rough on the outside.

Melbel
06-12-2009, 05:48 PM
We are at the point of trying something too and I was thinking of the older thread. IIRC, someone also did something with the straps to make it more upright. Hopefully it is an easy fix because I otherwise love the stroller!

TwinFoxes
06-13-2009, 11:06 PM
I bought the back boards from BJ. They are thin, and closer to a three ring binder than wood, but not like either really. I'm sure my DH knows exactly what it is, but he's snoring right now. The material is flexible, but hard. It definitely gives the girls more support, which Baby D especially needed. I think they were $12 each, but I don't remember for sure (you need two for the BJCMD.) They shipped them to me and I got them in about 3 days, but I'm only about 100 miles from them. Hope that helps!

ETA: It's also a lot longer than a three ring binder. It's the length of the entire back almost. It is sized for the slot.

jacksmoma
06-14-2009, 12:23 PM
I don't see the point of the board for the seat- i have a mini and have never needed it, my son would hold on to the sides of the seat to prop himself up. We also later bought the belly bar and he loves to hold onto that too. I would go with the belly bar and in a month or two your little one can just hold onto it- they look so cute doing that too, like they are on a ride! The board in the seat just makes the back harder, not anymore upright, seems pointlesss to me! hth