PDA

View Full Version : Bravado Sizing Question/Nursing Bras

Sugar Magnolia
06-11-2009, 02:00 PM
I need to get some nursing bras and tanks soon. I like the look of the Bravado tanks but for the life of me can not figure out the sizing.

I am going to call their customer service but was wondering if I buy tanks now, will they fit in a few months? After I have lost weight? I worry about spending $$$ and them not fitting in a few months.

The only nursing bras and tanks I have bought are from Target and I really did not like them. Is there another brand out there that anyone recommends?

TIA!

Momof3Labs
06-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Yes! bras on eBay are a lot like Bravado but only 13.99 each and the elastic doesn't roll and crumple over time like Bravado.

Have you gone to a site like breakoutbras.com to help figure out the Bravado tank sizing?

ahrimie
06-12-2009, 04:27 AM
I loved LOVED my Bravado nursing tanks. I bought them from babycenter when they had their online store.

I wore mine for a good 4-6 months post partum. I lost most of my weight by 4 months and stopped wearing them when I got back to my post partum body (for the most part). Though I lost a lot of weight fast, my tummy area wasn't the same for awhile, which is why I still wore them.

I'm very petite and thin naturally though.... I wore the smallest 34 B/C but I'm not even that normally. If you are normally the size you buy (and can wear that while nursing), I think you'd be able to get more wear. Even with only 4-6 months of wear though, I would buy them all over again. They have a flattering fit (slightly A line), cute gathered bust area, and the full breast exposure is awesome. I wore them under shirts mostly and because they're a tad longer, it peeked out and I liked the "layered" look. Plus, they're really soft. I couldn't wear any of the Target ones; I felt like they were scratchy.

pastrygirl
06-12-2009, 10:46 AM
I like the Bravado tanks waaaaay more than the Target ones. I've also tried Glamourmom but didn't like those at all. I find the Bravado tank to be a bit tight, and tricky to get on. Reminds me of a tight sports bra.

I love, love, love the Bravado Body Silk nursing bra. I used them exclusively even after I weaned, and plan to order more after this baby is born. They're SO comfy!

KarenLud
06-12-2009, 11:40 AM
I like the Bravado tanks waaaaay more than the Target ones. I've also tried Glamourmom but didn't like those at all. I find the Bravado tank to be a bit tight, and tricky to get on. Reminds me of a tight sports bra.

I love, love, love the Bravado Body Silk nursing bra. I used them exclusively even after I weaned, and plan to order more after this baby is born. They're SO comfy!

:yeahthat: I started out with the Target brand but I was constantly tugging them down, I felt like they rolled a lot at the bottom.

Oh and I LOVE that Body Silk nursing bra. Spendy? Yes, but totally worth it. I spend all my days in either that bra or the tank so they've gotta be comfy and I think they are worth it.

As to your sizing question..I feel like the Bravados are pretty flexible, meaning they would fit for a while as they are stretchy yet form fitting. I just ordered my normal band size and guessed on the cup size as I hadn't been measured by had an idea and it worked out great! I agree with a PP that said to check out breatkoutbras.com they should be able to help with sizing as well.

Davids-Coco
06-16-2009, 08:16 PM
I've been wearing the bravado ones for almost 3 years now. They hold up well as long as you dry on very low heat. I have found that the same size (34 b/c) has stretched with me though nursing for two years, pregnancy, and nursing again.