PDA

View Full Version : Need help with cleaning walls

Beckylove
06-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Our entire house has flat paint. This was not something we thought about when we purchased it a year ago without a baby. But now I am seeing what a huge hassle this is.

Yesterday DS decided to smear his toast with apricots & cream cheese on the wall in the breakfast nook. I always try to keep him out of arms reach of the walls, but had moved his chair for sweeping and didn't get it back to where it goes. Yikes. I have streaky apricot babyfood with cream cheese on the wall.

I haven't done anything to it yet. When I tried to remove scuffs in another room using the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, I was left with a round smudge where we tried to fix it.

Short of rubbing the stains around and repainting the wall-- what can I do??

mommytotwo
06-13-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm interested in this too... our house has builders grade Sherwin Williams flat paint and I still haven't found a way to clean it well --- either the stain remains or the paint is rubbed off.

TIA.

catpagmo
06-15-2009, 08:05 PM
There was a post a while ago (3 months ago, maybe?) about cleaning walls. I'll try to find it.

Found it: http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=311722&highlight=walls

HTH!

amandabea
06-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Ugh, flat paint is the worst. You can try to use something like TSP (although I think you have to rinse that off) and you might have to do the whole wall to make it look the same. Honestly, though if it were me, I'd start to think about repainting with eggshell finish.