PDA

View Full Version : Inglesina Zippy vs Maclaren Quest

TwinsItIs
06-11-2009, 05:27 PM
I know they are probably in different categories, but how would these two compare? Is one easier to push than the other? How about other features? Pros, cons?

Thanks

Nechums
06-11-2009, 06:11 PM
My sister-in-law, who lives in a suburban area, has both and ends up using the Quest way more often than the Zippy. I'm not sure why and what the pros and cons are or each -- I'm just relaying a fact.

AnnieW625
06-11-2009, 06:44 PM
I looked at the Zippy back in January and I thought it was too plasticky and the fold was still a tad bulky. I've been spoiled by my Maclaren fold and the Quest fold is very similar. You might be able to walk a little bit further in a Zippy than with a Quest. I'd check them both out in person and then make your decision.

lorinick
06-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Can't say anything about the Zippy but I love my Quest alot. It's always getting used alot. It's not a great walking stroller for out door, but fab for indoor and light out side use.

ellies mom
06-12-2009, 08:34 AM
The zippy is a from birth stroller. It lays flat and takes a car seat. It is less tippy and has a bigger canopy and basket. The wheels are larger and it has a smoother ride.

Having had both, I think the Zippy is easier to fold but it is naturally bulkier since it is a bigger stroller. I think they both handle great. The zippy has a snack tray/bumper bar, the quest doesn't.

I had the Zippy with my first from birth and was quite content with it until she outgrew it. I got the P3 with my second and never quite "bonded" with it so I got the Quest because it is fairly full featured but smaller and lighter.

MmeSunny
06-12-2009, 11:10 AM
I have both. PP is completely correct. Zippy can be an "only" stroller. Folds flat, has snack tray, super fantastic standing fold, large wheels (not quite air tire easy push, but close).

Another huge advantage to the Zippy is the ability to hany ANYTHING off of the back and it will not tip. Great for travel/airports/big shopping.

When the Zippy is folded, it's one size/straight up and down--very compact. The Quest on the other hand has one smaller end and the other has the canopy and the wheels that curve out, actually making it wider at that end than the Zippy. So while my Quest is "lighter" than my Zippy, my Zippy actually fits in my cheapo stroller travel bag for flying, so I always take it instead. Also, a kid can actually sleep flat in a Zippy, eat with the snack tray and the ability to hang lots of of stuff off of it makes it an awesome travel stroller. The fold is easier for getting on plane and you don't have to bend to pick it up, unlike the Quest. (I'm usually flying alone with DD in carrier on my back and luggage in Zippy.) I prefer it to the Quest for that reason.

However, it is not easy to steer one-handed. That's the one advantage for me with the Quest. The Mac baskets, canopies, tippiness to me are ridiculous. I know they are very popular, but those are just killer for me. Also, the Zippy can be too much stroller after about 2.5-3 y.o. if your DC don't nap in the stroller. But I don't see myself giving it up as the travel stroller anytime soon.

codex57
06-12-2009, 04:49 PM
I have the same feelings as MmeSunny.

We considered the Quest as a travel stroller, but can't justify it as a 3rd stroller. Our Zippy is just too good at everything.

Definitely a do it all stroller from any age (our Bugaboo is essentially unused because the Zippy is so good).

The weight advantage of the Quest is negated by the fact that you can roll the Zippy behind you like luggage. At the airport, not only can you throw your kid in it, you can hang all your carryons off the handles as well. It's like a luggage cart.

I love how the seat folds completely flat. It's kind of tough to get my kid to sleep so I need it to go all the way flat. The fact that it can handle newborns is just a plus.

The snack tray is a big plus for us too, now that DS is a toddler. He's much more cooperative when we can throw some food at him (he eats like a teenager).

Finally, the other killer thing is the canopy. When the seat is in the upright position, the canopy will come down all the way to the tray. When folded flat, I think you still get more coverage than the Quest. This is great when your kid wants to sleep. Whether it's light out or not. However, in windy or rainy/snowy weather, the canopy is great to keep out the elements.

Unless you drive a car with a teeny tiny trunk where every inch is precious, a folded Zippy isn't that big a deal. It's bulkier, but it's not like it's huge or anything. Yes, a Mac Quest folds up a lot skinnier, but with your average sedan/suv/minivan, it's not a big deal.

MmeSunny
06-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Ah yes, the canopy! I completely forgot about that. The Zippy's canopy is soooooo much better than the Quest. I have the kind of Quest where it can be tipped forward and even then the Zippy wins hands-down. The newer ones also have a flip out extension IIRC.