PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Handles on Stroller Needed

Adrienne123
06-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Hi,

After reading Baby Bargains I was convinced the Evenflo Xsport PLUS was the stroller for us. The "mall crawler" souped up umbrella stroller sounds perfect for us, and the adjustable handles on the Plus version are a necessity (I am 5'6" and my husband is 6'4") Unfortunatly the Xsport plus is now only available in pink (even on Evenflo's web site), and we want something gender neutral.

Can anyone recommend a comparable stroller with adjustable handles?

Thanks!
Adrienne

Jennifer626
06-13-2009, 02:13 AM
Have you looked at the Chicco Cortina? They have it on display at BRU... Has a great adjustable handle. Go to the Chicco website and it has a "demo video" you can see all the features. It's $170 at BRU.

zag95
06-13-2009, 12:30 PM
You might look at the weight the Cortina goes up to- it's been a couple of years (and my memory could be off), but that was a reason not to get it for us.

I am 5'11" and DH is 6'1"- we have a Maclaren Quest (goes up to 55 lbs) and recently purchased a BJ City Classic Single (goes up to 70 lbs)... which has great handle bars- I totally love it!!!

The Mac's handle bars are high- you might have your DH try it at BRU and see if it works for him- my dad and brother push the stroller and they are around 6'4" and 6'5"- They have been impressed with both!

I just wanted something that would work for a tall parent, and could go beyond a 40 lbs weight limit.

pastrygirl
06-13-2009, 03:21 PM
I haven't tried it, but the Simmons Pearl stroller looks pretty neat. It has an adjustable handle and reversible seat, for a lower price than most strollers with those features. There are a couple of video reviews on youtube, too.

Adrienne123
06-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks...I was really hoping to aviod a full size stroller, but I will check out the Chicco Cortina anyway. I will also have DH try out the maclarens at BRU. I originally was afraid the wheels were a little too small on the maclarens (the evenflo xsport plus wheels seemed a little more all terrain), but I guess my options are limited at this point. I loved that the XSport Plus had the adjustable handles, the more rugged wheels, was compact, and folded up to nothing, but I guess I need to accept that I can't always get what I want. :(