PDA

View Full Version : Accessories to go with breast pump

crains
06-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Hi I am about the purchase the Medela freesyle. What extra accessories or other accessories will I need to go with the pump. thanks for your help. If there is another thread on this, just direct me to it. Thanks.

hellokitty1
06-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi I am about the purchase the Medela freesyle. What extra accessories or other accessories will I need to go with the pump. thanks for your help. If there is another thread on this, just direct me to it. Thanks.

i have a freestyle and am going back to work ft next week. i just got a second set of connectors and horns so i can pump in the morning before i go to work and have a second set to take to work. then i'll wash them all when i get home.

jamiegirl
06-17-2009, 01:57 PM

I pump exclusively and I have

3 pairs of connectors and horns
6 extra Medela bottles (on top of what's included when you buy the Freestyle)
* we feed DD1 directly from the Medela bottles that's why we needed more.

I pumped for 13 months for DD1 and I'm hoping to do the same for DD2 (8months and counting!). What helped me tremendously is the Easy Expressions pump bustier...allows me to pump hands-free. I don't think I could've lasted more than 13 months for DD1 without it.

mousemom
06-18-2009, 01:24 PM
I have the freestyle and have been back to work for about 4.5 months. I pump twice a day at work and nurse over my lunch break. Here's what I have:

4 pairs of connectors (this way, I wash once a day at home in the evening and have a 2 dry sets to put together and pack for the following day)
2 pairs of horns (these dry well overnight, so I can pack them the following morning)
about 10 bottles (we feed out of the medela bottles, so we needed extra. There are times when it might be nice to even have a few more on hand so I would have more dry ones to pack up.)