PDA

View Full Version : Miracle Blanket Before Nodding Off or After?

bigpassport
06-13-2009, 02:27 AM
I have a Miracle Blanket, Swaddle Me and Halo Swaddle. I have been waiting for DS to start nodding off before swaddling, then sliding him into the swaddle then laying him in his bassinet. It seems to work with the Swaddle Me and the Halo Swaddle, but the Miracle Blanket takes so much work to get baby in I sometimes wake him up out of his near-sleep. How do successful Miracle Blanket users get baby in it without waking him up?

amldaley
06-13-2009, 03:18 AM
DD wouldn't let me swaddle her awake, so we always waited until she was asleep...really asleep. And then it was just lots of practice. I just really fast and gentle. I also would gather the length of wrap in my hand instead of flipping it all around. And I think I did the arm flaps at angle instead of all the way across so I wasn't lifting her as high for as long to get them behind her.

urquie
06-13-2009, 03:30 AM
i swaddled dd2 until about 6-7 months in the miracle blanket. it never occurred to me to try and put it on while she was asleep... and i'm sure that would not have worked!

when dd's were newborns, we swaddled them in a waffle weave (kind of stretchy) receiving blanket. didn't use the miracle blanket until dd2 started breaking out of the receiving blanket.

you might try using the m.b. without wrapping the *wings* around his arms. unless he's already able to wiggle out!

Snow mom
06-13-2009, 01:01 PM
We swaddle DD in her miracle blanket before getting her to sleep. You can't move her unswaddled without waking her so there's no way you could get her into the swaddle asleep.