PDA

View Full Version : Vista too tall, but love it. Other suggestions???

betsyab
06-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Hey there, I am an urban mom who takes long walks along the river. I also need a stroller that isn't going to take over a boutique if I'm on a shopping trip as I don't usually go to malls. However, I will be taking it in and out of a car. I love love love the Vista, however, it's just too tall for me (I'm only 4'9). Would really love a suggestion as to what you might think would work? The Quinny is also a touch tall, but is more manageable. I do like the Bugaboo Bee size, but I don't like how it isn't a full feature stroller for those really long walks with snow, gravel, and bumpy roads. The Bumbleride is also great, but too long for those boutiques.

The vista would be perfect if it weren't for the height.

Thank you!! Looking forward to your suggestions....

betsyab
06-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Just realized after more research that the Musty 4 Rider Light might be a great option. Looks like it is lightweight, seat is higher than the Bee, steering like the Cameleon or Vista, and handlebars that go close to 36 inches.

What do people think of this stroller? I don't know of anybody who owns one.

strollerqueen
06-14-2009, 11:12 PM
It is not really lightweight; probably more than 30 pounds. And it is big. But it is a very nice stroller; really beautiful. The Bugaboo Frog is probably the next smallest and lightest, after the Bee; or the Peg Perego Pliko Switch. Both weigh 23 pounds.

betsyab
06-15-2009, 06:34 AM
Really? On the website the weights are listed as follows:

4 Rider: 23 lbs.
4 Rider Next:23 lbs.
4 Rider Light: 19 lbs.
Slider: 29 lbs.

I'm guessing then that the cots/seats must be rather heavy then. Doh! I was really hoping that the Light would be under 23 lbs. with seat/cot attached. <sigh>

Do you find the two part fold annoying in the bugaboo? The frog's handle is a touch high but doable, and the cameleon is more comfortable--however don't love the pricetag. I'm just afraid that as I will be using the stroller both from the car and the house that I'm going to be annoyed as my entry is narrow with steps and will need to somewhat collapse it to get it inside. However, can you partially collapse with the seat/cot attached on the bugs? Or is it an all or nothing.

Thank you in advance...

pastrygirl
06-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Yeah, the posted stroller weights are nearly always an exaggeration. Or, they're the weight without the seat, wheels, or canopy, LOL! I have a Mutsy Urban Rider and it's heavy. I take the seat off before putting it in my car just to make it easier to lift. The frame is still heavier than I'd like, though.

edurnemk
06-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Just realized after more research that the Musty 4 Rider Light might be a great option. Looks like it is lightweight, seat is higher than the Bee, steering like the Cameleon or Vista, and handlebars that go close to 36 inches.

What do people think of this stroller? I don't know of anybody who owns one.

It's not lightweigth at all, it's almost 30 pounds (the weights for the chasis and the seat are listed separately). It's called "Light" because the other Mutsy models wieght over 30 lb. I tested and found harder to maneuver than the Bugaboo Cameleon and the Vista.

I have a Vista and since I use it in reversible mode, it's a 2 part fold. I really don't mind, it takes an extra 5 seconds. The pros really outweight this little con.

strollerqueen
06-15-2009, 01:03 PM
The first numbers are only the frame weights. The Slider is the lightest of all of them; that is likely the total weight.

edurnemk
06-15-2009, 01:31 PM
BTW, Have you tested the Vista in person? I'm 5'3" and I'm comfortable pushing it even in the second height setting.
There's a previous thread about this, where the poster was a couple inches taller than you and a lot of people chimed in and al of them were OK pushing the Vista even though they're not tall.

betsyab
06-15-2009, 02:44 PM
yeah, I'm pretty sure. It's amazing what difference a couple of inches can make. I'd be comfortable if it was about 1 inch shorter. When your hands are higher than your elbows and you are walking for 1+ hour pushing, your hands are going to feel it, it's just poor ergonomics. Of course I can get by, but trying to find something that is just a touch more comfortable. Believe me, I've already contacted Uppababy to see if there is any fix!! :)

AnnieW625
06-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Not sure if you can find them anymore, but the company called Dreamer Design made their stroller handles recline really far down. Unfortunately they went out of business earlier this year so they may not have a lot of strollers in stock anymore, and you'd be getting a stroller without a waranty. We have one of their joggers and loved it never had a problem with it. Costco did have some of the Manhattan stroller on sale a month or so ago.

http://www.babystrollershop.com/dreamer_design_manhattan.htm

You might also check out some of the Baby Jogger City series strollers. I think I heard that they have movable handle bars too.

edurnemk
06-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Oh, I just remembered I tested the I'coo Targo and the handle could lowered a LOT. It's very similar to the Vista, but has a bulkier fold.