PDA

View Full Version : BOB brake question (older model- CL purchase)

wolverine2
06-15-2009, 10:56 AM
I just bought a BOB stroller (sport utility) on craigslist, and now that I have it home (too late, of course), I can't find any kind of brake other than the hand brake. Am I missing something? I need a way to secure the stroller on a hill! I don't know the model year- not too many years ago, but it's definitely not new...

Thanks!

pb&j
06-15-2009, 12:33 PM
There's probably a little button somewhere on the handbrake - engage the handbrake, and press the button while engaged. It will stay engaged.

larig
06-15-2009, 12:42 PM
is there a small red metal piece on the bar between the two back wheels (rear axle)? Put your foot under that bar with the red thing on it and lift it up. That should engage the parking brake. Also, the red thing is where you weave the wrist strap, then when you fall the parking break engages.

Another thing that isn't obvious is that you can adjust the suspension. You push in the knob and can put it in other positions to give a firmer ride--good when you've got extra weight, like groceries in the stroller.

here's a link to the SU bob page (http://www.bobgear.com/strollers/stroller_accessories01.php?product_id=7&type=spec#). Click on the "safe to go" videos, a pop up opens, then pick the SAFE link, then the 3rd video (stay low for safety), shows how to use the wrist strap/parking break. Number 2 talks about the suspension adjustments.

wolverine2
06-15-2009, 05:07 PM
There's probably a little button somewhere on the handbrake - engage the handbrake, and press the button while engaged. It will stay engaged.

Yes- thank you! Now to get the handbrake fixed...