PDA

View Full Version : UPPABaby vs. Baby Jogger

cbowsh
06-15-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm expecting my first child in August and am completely overwhelmed by all the stroller info out there. Going through previous threads, I think I've narrowed it down to between the UPPAbaby Vista and the Baby Jogger City Classic or Summit. I plan on doing a lot of walking on gravel trails and sidewalks. I would like something that will grow with the baby over the first few years. Any thoughts on these strollers?

edurnemk
06-15-2009, 03:01 PM
They're both great, but I went for the Vista since it's reversible, and I like the seat better. And of course the bassinet is included, but you can get one for the BJ, too. The BJ accomodates really tall kids, I don't see the Vista lasting more than 3 years for my son.

arivecchi
06-15-2009, 03:20 PM
I have the Baby Jogger City Classic Double and I love it. It has really tall seats like the PP said and they recline all the way down for a newborn. You can use a snuzzler and just have your newborn on the snuzzler on the fully reclined seat. When your DC grows, you can then set the seat really straight if you'd like (lots of strollers have seats that do not sit fully upright which some toddlers don't like). Moving the back part of the seat is a really easy. The stroller has lots of storage, maneuvers really well in all kinds of terrain, has an amazing one step fold, adjustable handlebar and the best canopy out there. If you want to go jogging as well, I would get the summit. You can get some awesome deals for 07 and 08 BJCCs though. Good luck!

happymom
06-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Just wanted to mention that the 07 Baby Joggers only have a 2-part canopy, rather than a 3-part canopy. The 2007.5 joggers have the 3-part canopy