PDA

View Full Version : Savannah/Tybee Island?

ewpmsw
06-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Our family is considering a reunion in Savannah, GA, in July. One option is Tybee Island, specifically the Lighthouse Point condos. Anyone know anything about the area, especially Tybee Island? It looks small and residential. We'll have two little bitties (1 YO) and a three and four YO. 20 adults. TIA for any suggestions. :boogie:

newnana
06-22-2009, 10:00 PM
I haven't been in a while, but grew up spending all summer, every summer on Tybee Island with my family. We loved every second of it. There are excellent houses to rent and know that my extended family still goes, I just haven't been able to be part of that in years. I don't know those particular condos, but do know that the area is very family friendly and it's a great beach to go to with kids.

pb&j
06-22-2009, 10:47 PM
We love it. I prefer the north side of the island - the beach is less crowded, and you get awesome views of the container ships coming in to the river! We stayed at Lighthouse Point a couple of years ago - I was not crazy about the unit, but it was perfectly serviceable. And the beach access (north side) was unbeatable.

It's pretty small and low-key. North Beach Grill is great, Breakfast Club for breakfast, and the Marina (I think it's called TJ's? but I'm not sure) for dinner. Very casual.