PDA

View Full Version : Why am diagnosing DS?

HIU8
06-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Maybe I am asking to much. I don't think so. This is the second time in less than 2 months that DS has had tonsilitis. this time it is worse than last time. Neither time has been strep. Both times he had huge glands and puss on his tonsils. The peds office is treating these as single events. Meanwhile DS is being seen by an ENT for possible sleep apnea caused by abnormally large tonsils. I had to take DS to the ped today for tonsilitis. Tomorrow I will call the ENT and speak directly to the doctor (at the end of the month we have adenoid x-rays and a follow up exam). I have this feeling that the sleep apnea, large tonsils and tonsilitis are all related. I can see us going down the tonsilectomy road. I just don't get why the peds office isn't putting two and two together. I took DS to the ENT on my own without their knowledge b/c I felt there was something wrong that they missed. Why do I go to the ped? arghhhhhh!!!!!

MamaMolly
06-15-2009, 09:45 PM
[QUOTE=HIU8;2396416] I have this feeling that the sleep apnea, large tonsils and tonsilitis are all related. /QUOTE]

Well duh. I'm no Md. and even I got that one! Sometimes they can't see the forest for the trees, you know? I think you are right on the money. I hope it gets cleared up soon, and if he does need the out better now than later.

HIU8
06-15-2009, 10:06 PM
I feel like I am managing their health more so than the ped. I end up going to see someone like an ENT etc... for things instead of the ped and I get answers and DC get well.

hillview
06-17-2009, 08:51 AM
It sounds like you should get a new ped. I am in a similar situation, DS #2 has speech delays, lots of drool and lots of snot. Ped said no worries. I called EI, he qualified and now 3 months later, EI said go see an ENT. UGG.
/hillary