PDA

View Full Version : Peas, there has got to be an eaiser way!

Zoey187
06-15-2009, 10:03 PM
I just made peas for my DS for the first time today. Is there an easier way of making them other than pushing them through that sieve? It about killed my hands! And after only two bags, I was able to fill one ice cube tray and 4 other holes on a second tray. All that and it took me over 2 hours to do. Am I doing something wrong?

If beans are the same way I may just end up buying these at the store.

pantrygirl
06-15-2009, 11:08 PM
I gave up on the peas and green beans and the sieve and saved them for finger foods for my baby.

I also wound up using frozen peas and greenbeans and mixing them with pasta and other veggies later on.

The work it took to sieve out the skins to make it a nice consistency was too much for me but the frozen ones were great for when she was into chunkier textures.

Hope this helps.

cestkaren
06-15-2009, 11:41 PM
It only takes me 10 minutes, at most, to push the peas through the sieve. I use 2 10 oz bags of frozen peas, cook on the stovetop until soft, then dump them all into a sieve and push with a rubber spatula. It might depend on how small the holes are in you sieve. Mine is not a fine mesh...it's a big bigger.

sarahsthreads
06-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Honestly, peas and green beans I just bought organic jarred. Everything else I made myself, but those two I tried once and couldn't bring myself to do again!

Sarah :)