PDA

View Full Version : Again, Kettler Advice Sought - Alana, Blossom, Go Green?

smokey26
06-16-2009, 03:19 AM
I know the Kettler concept has been beaten to death somewhat but there are some new models and I need help!

I have a 2 yr old and a 4.5 yr old. I waited too long (age 3) to get my 4.5 yr old a trike - and when I did, I went with the huge, heavy Schwinn that was such a great deal last year. It's a nice trike but I hadn't seen it before I ordered it from Amazon and when it came it would not fit in our car and we live on a big hill with no sidewalks. We partially disassembled it a few times to fit it in the car so she could ride at the park but it was such an enormous pain, we stopped bothering. I now have recently bought her a kinderbike in the hopes of getting her on the road to a two wheeler. It's small and she doesn't quite love it yet but for now it'll do, I bought it used so it's at least not too expensive.

In the meantime her little sister needs a trike. This time I am leaning toward smaller, cheapish Kettler. The Blossom seems to be discontinued and is now the pinker Alana. There is also the go Green folding trike. Folding appeals to me bc of trunk space but pink would probably be more to my 2 yr old daugher's liking. Has anyone tried the go green - is it an improvement on previous kettler folding trikes? How does it compare in size to the blossom/alana?

Many thanks for any insight - Julie

citymama
06-16-2009, 03:40 AM
Blossom! I wish I had gotten this for my DD instead of the Jumbo we got her at 2. It's adorable, lighterweight than the heavy Kettlers,so you don't have to weigh 50 lbs to get the trike to move! I should add that I don't know the Green trike or the Alana, but loved the Blossom.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
06-17-2009, 01:45 AM
I love our Go Green. I bought it because of the green factor, and we love it.

ljackson
06-17-2009, 07:53 AM
I love our Go Green too but can't compare it to any of the other Kettlers. I chose it because of the push bar (I am pregnant and in no condition to bend down), the weight (it is quite light and my DD is tiny - I did not think she would be able to move a heavier one), the fact that some online reviews said that small children could reach the pedals better than on other models, and the fact that it folds. It has worked out well on all fronts. The environmental thing was just a bonus to me really.

FWIW my DD would probably have preferred something pink too, but when the green one turned up at the house she was thrilled :)

junebaby07
06-17-2009, 07:55 AM
We were able to get a new Blossom a few weeks ago for my dd's 2nd birthday and she loves it It is discontinued, but I was able to order from sunrise cyclery in NY where they still had some in stock. If you google them you might be able to find it.