PDA

View Full Version : Dear Window Cleaners...

sarahsthreads
06-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Dear Window Cleaners,

If you are going to comment on a customer's home, as in the fact that it's cluttered and that the windows are filthy and that there are lots of toys everywhere, let me make a suggestion:

Make sure there is not a baby monitor turned on in your vicinity!

And for the record? We do have lots of dolls and ponies (and yes, naked Barbies, which you apparently found hilarious) because we have two little girls who love dolls and ponies (and naked Barbies). We both work, opposite schedules, to support our family and pay for things like window cleaners - so it's good if most days the kids are wearing clean clothes and there aren't dirty dishes in the sink. The toys? We do a big pickup right before vacuuming, and call that good enough. Five minutes later it looks like another toy bomb went off...and you know what? We don't actually care. To be perfectly honest, we *did* clean up before you came. You should see what the house normally looks like.

The windows are pretty much on the bottom of our giant "if we ever have extra time" list. The kids are at the top, so you can imagine how often the windows are given any attention. Which reminds me, I wouldn't have called you if my windows hadn't been filthy. If they were clean, why on earth would I pay you to clean them for me?

Sincerely,
An Annoyed (but happily gazing out of her sparkling windows) Customer.

cvanbrunt
06-16-2009, 01:06 PM
I have window cleaners coming tomorrow. I'll have to think of something interesting to leave laying around.........

DietCokeLover
06-16-2009, 02:24 PM
I love that you heard them. I hope you let them know it!

Carrots
06-16-2009, 03:00 PM
I love that you heard them.

Me too!

I picture the window cleaners as college age kids who's apartments are cluttered with beer cans and pizza boxes. Those little jerks.

DrSally
06-16-2009, 09:45 PM
I love that you heard them. I hope you let them know it!

:yeahthat: I would love it if you told them you heard them. What the heck were they expecting, clean windows?

hillview
06-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Okay I laughed outloud. That is pretty funny. I am glad I can't understand what my house cleaner is saying about our place (and I LOVE her). Take your place and replace dolls with cars; barbies with trains; ponys with magnatiles and that is how we live.
/hillary

sarahsthreads
06-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks all. :)

I didn't tell them I could hear them. I thought about it, but emailed DH to ask what he thought I should do, and he thought it would be a mistake to talk to them while they were working on our house. If they had been using inappropriate language I definitely would have asked them to curb it what with the 4.5 year old ears in the house, but they weren't being crude, just rude.

Sarah :)

DrSally
06-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Your Dh is prob right. I hadn't thought about that. I guess if you had wanted to say something, it could've been after they were done working. But, oh well, you always have us to b#@ch to!

gatorsmom
06-17-2009, 11:22 PM
Your Dh is prob right. I hadn't thought about that. I guess if you had wanted to say something, it could've been after they were done working. But, oh well, you always have us to b#@ch to!

I agree, I wouldn;t have said anything while they were working but while they were putting their tools in their truck and getting ready to go, I would have ENJOYED saying, "oh, by the way, did you know we have a baby monitor in that room?" with a little smirk while watching them squirm...tee hee hee...

Sarah, don't let that kind of thing bother you. Many people just dont understand what it's like to have busy little kids around. I like to think that one day they will be painfully recalling all the things they said about other people while pickiing up THEIR children's toys. :icon_twisted: