PDA

View Full Version : Happy baby puffs

Kash
06-16-2009, 01:58 PM
At what age do you start giving them to the babies??
new mom here- clueless :)

srkaplan
06-16-2009, 04:59 PM
We started puffs around 6 months

JBaxter
06-16-2009, 05:01 PM
5 months he loves them

stillplayswithbarbies
06-16-2009, 06:18 PM
never for us. too much sugar. We'll do a cheerio type cereal as finger food.

KrisM
06-16-2009, 06:54 PM
We are just starting now at 11 months. We hold off on wheat as it can be an allergen.

KrisM
06-16-2009, 06:56 PM

There is only 0.5 grams of sugar per 1/2 cup serving. That sounds really low to me, but what is your typical stay below level? Just curious, as it seemed good to me, but I'm trying to get DS2 to be the best eater of my 3 :). Or, am I looking at the wrong thing on the label? It says Total Carbs is 6g, Dietary Fiber is 0g and Sugars is 0.5g.

ETA: Cheerios has 1g sugars per 3/4 cup, which is more than the Happy Baby Puffs. I must be looking at the wrong info!

JBaxter
06-16-2009, 07:02 PM

Are you talking about the happy baby organic puffs? They have the same amount of sugar as the organic "oat hoops" ( natures promise brand). Happy baby puffs apple ( what we have right now) have .5g in 1/2 cup vs the 1g in 1 cup of organic version of cherrios the exact same amount.

You may be thinking of the gerber ones they do have more sugar but thats not the brand the OP asked about they are a much heathier choice and do disolve very quickly in a baby's mouth. They are newer to the market and you may not have knowledge of them yet.

stillplayswithbarbies
06-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Sorry! I was thinking of the Gerber Puffs. My mistake.

I am very interested to find these Happy Baby Puffs now!

JBaxter
06-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Sorry! I was thinking of the Gerber Puffs. My mistake.

I am very interested to find these Happy Baby Puffs now!

babies r us / toys r us has the on sale 2 for 5 this week

DrSally
06-16-2009, 09:26 PM
We started at 10 months b/c of the wheat allergen thing. Ds loves them. I like to start with brown puffed rice as a first finger food, after the puffs come, though, there's no turning back. I like that they're organic and lower in sugar. DD was very hungry tonight, so I tried some brown rice puffs and she ate a lot of those as an appetizer while I made her meal. I might try to give those first and reserve the happy baby puffs for while we're out and about. Anyway, yes, they're on sale at BRU/TRU and you can use the $5 coupon for even more $$ off. They're hardly ever on sale, although the price isn't too bad.

ahrimie
06-16-2009, 11:53 PM
I've tried the Happy Baby puffs... and they're yummy :) I bought the "greens" flavor and it's very light and melts pretty fast, so I thnik it'd be okay at 6 months or even a tad younger. They melt faster than the Gerber puffs (and way faster than Cheerios) IMO.

DrSally
06-17-2009, 11:11 AM
I've tried the Happy Baby puffs... and they're yummy :) I bought the "greens" flavor and it's very light and melts pretty fast, so I thnik it'd be okay at 6 months or even a tad younger. They melt faster than the Gerber puffs (and way faster than Cheerios) IMO.

DS tried them and said, "these taste like O's". You can taste the oats in them. I like them before I give O's b/c they melt faster. O's I had to cut in half at first, and who wants to do that. BTW, DD's poop was bright green after eating a lot of the "greens" flavor.

Kitten007
06-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Gave the puffs to son around 4-5 months. Just watch them closely!! My boy choked a few times at first but quickly got the hang of it!! Very good for them to learn how to pick up things using their fingers too!!!

Good snack!! Good learning tool!!!