PDA

View Full Version : snack tray attachment for PP Si?

tigergreen
06-16-2009, 02:12 PM
i'm having some serious decision issues when it comes to picking a stroller! now i'm leaning toward a PP Si, which should work with the Chicco keyfit car seat.

i want to make sure that i have some sort of option for a snack tray attachment, however. something that will snap on the bars of the stroller? anyone aware of anything like that? i'm searching & not having much luck, but i might be calling it the wrong thing.

strollerqueen
06-16-2009, 03:03 PM
If you want the snack tray, then why not just go with the P3?

tigergreen
06-16-2009, 04:01 PM
If you want the snack tray, then why not just go with the P3?

because it's about $100 more than the si, and i'm really pushing it even with a $250 price point. even if no one gets it for us and we wind up buying it, i don't want to spend $350 just to get a snack tray.

my main reason for getting the si, however, is because it's lighter & not as bulky as the P3. i'm 5'2" and drive a small car, so i'm wanting something that will last this little one for the long haul, will fit in my trunk, and won't kill me getting it in & out.

strollerqueen
06-16-2009, 11:54 PM
It is lighter, but only by 3 pounds. There are NIB P3's going for much cheaper on Ebay. Also check www.albeebaby.com They usually have great prices.

strollerqueen
06-16-2009, 11:57 PM
They have some for under $200, and several for under $250. I have purchased many strollers from them, and they are very reputable.

http://www.albeebaby.com/peg-perego-p3-strollers.html

strollerqueen
06-17-2009, 02:07 AM
A P.S...I really love the Si', too. Not trying to "steer" you away from it, loL! I think people have used some little clip on things--snack traps maybe? Not sure because I don't feed my kids in strollers. Makes them really yuckky really fast!

tigergreen
06-17-2009, 09:16 AM
thanks for the links! i'll definitely check those out...

i'm not dead-set on one or the other...originally i was going to get a chicco trevi, but i've heard so many bad things about them now that i'm looking for a better option.

small storage and lightweight are my main two things...my DH doesn't really care; he said just as long as i can lug it around comfortably, he'll be fine.

this will be our first, so i may wish the snack tray had never been invented, but at the very least, i may want it there to hold a sippy cup or something.

tigergreen
06-17-2009, 09:19 AM
another question for you, stroller queen...

how much difference is there between the models from year to year? i don't have to have the latest & greatest, but again, if the older ones are bulkier & heavier, then that kind of defeats the purpose for me...

tigergreen
06-17-2009, 09:27 AM
sorry...one more question for you:

between the aria OH and the P3, which would you recommend for my purposes (newborn to as old as we can get)?

i was told the new aria oh doesn't come with the adapter strap to accept the chicco car seat, so i had pretty much ruled it out, but i just got an e-mail from peg's customer service saying that it did, and that if it didn't, i could get one.

AnnieW625
06-17-2009, 12:06 PM
I have a Maclaren as my main stroller and DD has never missed the snack tray. She just puts her sippy cup next to her or I put it underneath the seat. I wouldn't pay $100 more for a snack tray. I am pretty picky about what I feed her when she is in it and didn't start giving her snacks like nuts, raisins, cheerios or crackers in it until she was two to minimize the mess.

I haven't seen the Si in real life, but the Oh doesn't do much more for me than a Graco Metrolite would and honestly from what I have read here the Aria's quality has gone down a lot in recent years so I'd go with the Metrolite or Chicco Cortina and save some cash.

Now as far as used Pegs go I wouldn't do that. I had a used P3 with DD and it looked like it was in great shape, but it hadn't been oiled properly and didn't really stay together the way it was suppose to (kind of hard to explain but the pegs at the bottom of the stroller would come undone; they have now fixed that issue I believe with the newer P3 models though), and it wasn't as easy to collapse as it should've been.

strollerqueen
06-18-2009, 01:50 AM
I can't make a specific recommendation without knowing a lot more details about your situation, but, the most newborn friendly of the three is the P3. With a little baby, you need plush fabrics, a deep recline, and bigger wheels for a smoother ride. Plus, even at around 14 months, my baby really likes strollers with front napper bars, or even trays. Not for eating, but because he likes to lean forward and hang on to something in front. Most babies do. Or they like to lean back and put their feet up on the front bar. It's very cute. :)