PDA

View Full Version : Road trip to Buy Buy Baby. Must haves?

c&j04
06-17-2009, 10:59 AM
DH has offered to take me on the 5 hr drive to the Charlotte, NC store possibly tomorrow for sure next week! I want to compare several stroller brands, etc that I can't buy locally. Any suggestions for "specialty" items to look for? Thanks!

TwinFoxes
06-17-2009, 12:42 PM
They have a lot of organic snack foods for babies (at least the ones near me do.) Really, I think the fact that they have so many higher end strollers on the floor is what really rocks, and they have a bunch of car seats in various patterns. Good clothing selection too, not just Carters (which is fine but gets old.) They have their Tea collection clothes at 25% off here. Oh, also a pretty good selection of Pedipeds and Roobeez at the ones near me.

HIU8
06-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Do you have a list of newborn necessities? You can get them from a number of websites including consumer reports. You should probably take that with you. Some suggestions:

a baby bathtub
bouncy seat
a carrier (to wear the baby)
swaddling blankets

jgenie
06-17-2009, 02:04 PM
If you have Bed Bath & Beyond coupons that aren't expired take them with you. You can use them for lots of things. Have fun!! They also accept BRUS coupons.

mommylamb
06-17-2009, 02:07 PM
They also accept BRU/TRU coupons.

Personally, I think their clothes are over priced, but overall I LOVE buy buy baby. They have the best customer service. They have a really good selection of baby proofing items and their staff is really helpful with picking out gates etc. they also have a large selection of high quality furniture. We got our crib and dresser/changing table there and we love them.