PDA

View Full Version : iCandy Peach - details now on iCandy's website

MamaBear
06-17-2009, 11:43 AM
I haven't had a chance to read through in detail, but iCandy's website (http://www.icandyuk.com/products.php?id=peach) now has info about the new Peach stroller. Looks like there are three different versions.

AnnieW625
06-17-2009, 11:57 AM
WOW! Had no idea you could have a stroller with two bassinets! Not sure I'd want that feature if I had twins, but it would definitely be an option for some people. Is this brand sold in the USA?

MamaBear
06-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Not sure, but iCandy has told me they'll be marketed here (Canada) starting in September. #2 is due in November, so as long as the strollers (and the baby) are on schedule, that'll give us just enough time to consider it.

pastrygirl
06-17-2009, 12:20 PM
It's supposed to be coming to the US this summer, too. :)

strollerqueen
06-18-2009, 01:53 AM
Yes. I have an iCandy Cherry and love it! :)

strollerqueen
06-18-2009, 02:05 AM
By the way, check this out on the weight: "Lightweight, corrosion-resistant aluminium chassis weighing only 7.9kgs (excluding wheels and shopping basket)"

This is common. A lot of people just look at the first number, and neglect the fine print. So they calculate the 7.9 kgs as around 17 pounds, and think, great, lightweight stroller. But look, this is ONLY the chassis weight. Is that how you will use it? Or will you need the wheels, and the shopping basket? So add the weight of those in. I would say at least 5 pounds. How about the seat? Your baby might appreciate having somewhere to sit. So now you have to add the seat in, too. At least another 5 pounds. Now you are up to 27 pounds. You see, it adds up quickly.

3isthelimit
06-18-2009, 07:40 AM
By the way, check this out on the weight: "Lightweight, corrosion-resistant aluminium chassis weighing only 7.9kgs (excluding wheels and shopping basket)"

This is common. A lot of people just look at the first number, and neglect the fine print. So they calculate the 7.9 kgs as around 17 pounds, and think, great, lightweight stroller. But look, this is ONLY the chassis weight. Is that how you will use it? Or will you need the wheels, and the shopping basket? So add the weight of those in. I would say at least 5 pounds. How about the seat? Your baby might appreciate having somewhere to sit. So now you have to add the seat in, too. At least another 5 pounds. Now you are up to 27 pounds. You see, it adds up quickly.

Isn't marketing beautiful!! lol