PDA

View Full Version : Air Travel Cooler/Ice Pack?

lefarrell
06-18-2009, 05:35 AM
I will soon be taking an international flight with my 14 month old and need to be able to carry lots of food. How can I keep it fresh? The airline said I can't have ice packs. Would an integrated cooler like the one from Playtex work http://www.amazon.com/Playtex-Fridge-Bottle-Tote-Double/dp/B000KJWY0U ?

I don't want to feed my son junk, and baby food jars won't cut it for the whole trip.

Thanks for your help!

plusbellelavie
06-18-2009, 06:44 AM
That looks like an excellent idea to me...I might get it for my return flight to France from CA...thanks!

But for my flight to the US I requested children menus for the two older kids and infant menu for the baby...which I am told includes formula and some baby food jar and other items like biscuts. So you might want to check with your airline directly to see what they provide for your toddler so you don't have to lug too much extra!

And just as a friendly reminder if you bring any fruit on board and do not have a chance to eat them during the flight remember to throw them out before going thru customs because you can find yourself in a sticky situation with the officials if they find them and you haven't declared them!! And it isn't worth the fine that they impose!!

Bon Voyage!